Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I might be the last guy in the country with a tank full of $1.99 91 octane gas. Filled up + filled 3 5 gallon jugs about 3 weeks ago for $2.09 - 5% = $1.99 (CC kickback.).
Won't see those prices again for long time!

Pure 91 here now $3.29, Sam's 91 $2.50 -$2.68

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Finally had a CT SCAN.........1.7 cm...yes that's a 17 mm stone in the right kidney. That's the size of a marble. Been puking and misdiagnosed as GERD for THREE YEARS. PAIN>>>>Gonna try lithotripsy first...if that doesn't work they'll go in from the back to get it. Nothing over about 6.5 mm will pass by itself.

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Finally had a CT SCAN.........1.7 cm...yes that's a 17 mm stone in the right kidney. That's the size of a marble. Been puking and misdiagnosed as GERD for THREE YEARS. PAIN>>>>Gonna try lithotripsy first...if that doesn't work they'll go in from the back to get it. Nothing over about 6.5 mm will pass by itself.
Geez man. The rock quarry.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Seriously- I wish you the best with that. Definitely not fun- but at least you know why you've been feeling ill.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
990 Posts
Wow. Hope it all goes well for you!
At least you know what it is.

I had a couple uncles on different sides and a past coworker that were afflicted multiple times. They were all relatively good spirited with wacky humor at times. Each said in their own way the doctor told them minerals in the water made the stones and drinking more water would help prevent them 🤪😂

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Wow. Hope it all goes well for you!
At least you know what it is.

I had a couple uncles on different sides and a past coworker that were afflicted multiple times. They were all relatively good spirited with wacky humor at times. Each said in their own way the doctor told them minerals in the water made the stones and drinking more water would help prevent them 🤪😂

I'm gonna try increasing my intake of Stouts & Porters. Or, maybe drinking distilled water. 17 mm is pretty big. I know it's never gonna come out of the end of my pecker in one piece!

·
Super Moderator
9,233 Posts
I'm gonna try increasing my intake of Stouts & Porters. Or, maybe drinking distilled water. 17 mm is pretty big. I know it's never gonna come out of the end of my pecker in one piece!
View attachment 389963
Well, those pearls showing the size increments are nice and smooth, have you see a kidney stone? They are anything but smooth and ever the tiniest ones feel like passing razor blades!

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Well, those pearls showing the size increments are nice and smooth, have you see a kidney stone? They are anything but smooth and ever the tiniest ones feel like passing razor blades!
View attachment 389964
Maybe the other option of an operation & taking it out in one piece would be better? I suppose it all depends on whether or not the lithotripsy breaks the stone down into very tiny pieces? Last night I thought I was gonna die, 2 Oxycodones and 2 ibuprofens and the pain still lasted about 5 hours.

At one point I asked my wife to get me a cup of Lime-Away and put some sugar in it.

·
Super Moderator
9,233 Posts
Maybe the other option of an operation & taking it out in one piece would be better? I suppose it all depends on whether or not the lithotripsy breaks the stone down into very tiny pieces? Last night I thought I was gonna die, 2 Oxycodones and 2 ibuprofens and the pain still lasted about 5 hours.

At one point I asked my wife to get me a cup of Lime-Away and put some sugar in it.
View attachment 389976
The standard procedure is to attempt to break them up and let them pass naturally prior to surgery. Too bad lime away is toxic! I know it is painful, but, this too shall pass.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Odd, in my neck of the woods, the only 93 "pure" I know of is $3.37/gal (Leavenworth, Ks.).....but at a Sam's ...91 with 10% ETOH can be had for only $2.39 (KCMO). That's 41% more for the good stuff. I certainly can't tell the difference with the seat of my pants.

Still waiting for the procedure to be scheduled....maybe this could be modified as a way to clean the valves?

·
Super Moderator
9,233 Posts
Odd, in my neck of the woods, the only 93 "pure" I know of is $3.37/gal (Leavenworth, Ks.).....but at a Sam's ...91 with 10% ETOH can be had for only $2.39 (KCMO). That's 41% more for the good stuff. I certainly can't tell the difference with the seat of my pants.

Still waiting for the procedure to be scheduled....maybe this could be modified as a way to clean the valves?

View attachment 390111
Carbon build up, mineral build up...it could work...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
If you have a Family Health Insurance Plan, you could say the procedure is for your baby. Baby STella.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Not fun, they may have only broken the stone into 2 pieces....still I think too big to pass. Last night my BP fell very low...almost passed out when standing up. About an hour ago after standing up a few minutes it was 93/59. Probably have to have the procedure again....or something even more drastic.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
990 Posts
Sorry to hear 😥
Hope it works out without something more drastic.

·
Super Moderator
9,233 Posts
Not fun, they may have only broken the stone into 2 pieces....still I think too big to pass. Last night my BP fell very low...almost passed out when standing up. About an hour ago after standing up a few minutes it was 93/59. Probably have to have the procedure again....or something even more drastic.
Usually ultra sound breaks them right up into many small pieces that you get the enjoyment of passing one at a time over several days...my experience from many years ago.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
One time around 3:00 am I got up to pee through the strainer (attempting to catch any pieces that come out), I started to feel myself passing out.....then I noticed that in the sink next to me was a 1&1/2 inch spider.......naturally my BP shot back up & it probably saved me from passing out. Lowest BP I recorded was 89/60...but I know it went much lower at times.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts