Ford Focus ST Forum banner
241 - 260 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
I am confused. I thought this was a thread about getting "smoked" now I see many dogs. Dogs are good. I like dogs.
I have two, until the kids come home, then I have four, and then the mother in law is here and now I have five.
I love them all, and yes, the ST I usually covered with dog hair and its ok.
Dog Collar Carnivore Dog collar Whiskers

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Plant

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,398 Posts
I am confused. I thought this was a thread about getting "smoked" now I see many dogs. Dogs are good. I like dogs.
I have two, until the kids come home, then I have four, and then the mother in law is here and now I have five.
I love them all, and yes, the ST I usually covered with dog hair and its ok. View attachment 410689
I think it started with kidneystones, but dogs are better 👍

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 · (Edited)
Actually, it started with an Audi V10 R8 going off like a "chainsaw from hell" next to my ST. That was before Clover was even born.....she's 18 months old now. Giant kidney stone removal was somewhere in there...right after the hernia repair.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window
I could of beat him, I just didn't know we were racing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Clover is so grateful when we pick her up at my daughter's house and take her to the dog park. I usually get my right ear cleaned out as soon as she gets in the ST. There's a lake there where she can jump in the water. On a busy day there can be 50-100 other dogs there... all off leash. The variety of breeds is mind boggling. They all seem to get along. She likes to be chased.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Liver

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I love reading your stories about the dogs, daughters, and getting past the pain of old-age related illnesses..

I swore to myself that I'd never get another dog until I owned property... However, I've owned a nice house with an 8' privacy fence for over 6 years now and still am afraid since I lost my best friend...

For now, I'm leaving the yard and sandbox to my 3.5 YO Son, but he already wants a dog... It won't be long!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
When the time comes choose wisely. I wouldn't recommend an Irish Setter to anyone that doesn't have a lot of time to spend with them and make sure they get lots of exercise time. When we take her to the dog park we may walk 2-3 miles while there ...Clover on the other hand runs 10-20 miles while we're there. She gets into FULL speed runs with other young dogs. But even when she's not playing with other dogs she maintains what I guess is her hunting speed. I've never seen any other breed there that stays as active as her the whole time we're there.

Bizarrely, she is also the friendliest dog there. She approaches every human and wants to be petted and told how pretty she is. I'm convinced she would get in any car with anyone because she loves to go for drives.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a great dog!! My neighbor has a Tamaskan, and said the sister from the same litter needed a new home... Similar situation with a wolf/husky/malamute/whatever mix (my dog was a malamute mixed with timberwolf... running and biking 60+ miles a day was my 'old' lifestyle when I lived up in the Tetons and then Sierra Nevadas, lol), where the separation anxiety and activity level is definitely an issue. There's also the heat here in TX. I don't plan to stay forever, but I've always had rather negative thoughts about people that own dogs that live in cooler climates here.

Anyways, it's definitely not going to be a 'toy dog' either! Hahaha. I'd rather trip over a full sized dog that step on one and crush it 😲

• Haha
Reactions: Chris L. and MtnMan

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Around KC they want 4K to 8K over sticker for 2.0T AWD Mavericks and Escapes......odd, cause there doesn't seem to be any shortage of them in stock right now....
Had a minor recall issue fixed on the 19 Escape Titanium the other day & there was a GT500 on the showroom floor....sticker was $102K.....they wanted $122K. Around here the sales tax on $122K would be about $12K (almost 10%)......$12K.....that's what I paid for a brand new Corvette in 1978.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts
I really hope one day we can purchase cars directly from the manufacturer. The dealerships are snakes.

It was different when every dealer was a single owner franchise. It encouraged competition. Now there are these giant multi-brand megastores and instances of one person or one group owning families of mega dealers. It's like a monopoly.

241 - 260 of 267 Posts