·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Slot 1 - Full Boost, [email protected] 2500

Slot 2 - Full Boost, [email protected] 2750

Slot 3 - Full Boost, [email protected] 3000

Slot 4 - Full Boost, [email protected] 3500"

I received that in my e-mail. Am I correct in seeing that the number on the right shows when full boost kicks in? If so is it personal preference on which one to go with or is there one recommended to go with?

·
Registered
102 Posts
LC = Launch Control. Therefore when you select a slot and depress the clutch and gas, the car will rev to selected RPM making it easier for you to hold it before riding the clutch out and taking off. It makes launching so much easier given that (at least for me) the hardest part is monitoring where the RPMs are, holding it, then making the mental transition to releasing the clutch with your other foot, the most effective way possible.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LC = Launch Control. Therefore when you select a slot and depress the clutch and gas, the car will rev to selected RPM making it easier for you to hold it before riding the clutch out and taking off. It makes launching so much easier given that (at least for me) the hardest part is monitoring where the RPMs are, holding it, then making the mental transition to releasing the clutch with your other foot, the most effective way possible.
I am new to this tune and not sure which one I should go with.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
As he said below, it's only the launch control. Personally I use the two lower rpms, but to be honestly I don't really launch my car ever because of the wear and tear that it causes. But ultimately it boils down to what wheel and tire set up you have for traction and what you prefer. Try them all out if you want.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am new to this tune and not sure which one I should go with.
This is going to be trial and error on your part and what you are comfortable with. Mine is currently set at 3000rpm because I like how the car launches there. It may be slower than I higher rpm, but I find it enjoyable

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks guys. I can't wait to try out my new tune!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I just went to install my tune and it says it's locked. Any idea why?

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Did you buy the APV3 new or used?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so it turns ouy mt 2015 ST is running a 2016 ROM or software so the accessport is recognizing my tune as a 2016 and not a 2015. They just need to fix my tune so it is for a 2016. Thanks stratified!

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Sounds like you got F'd. It doesn't appear whoever you bought it off of took the tune out of their car therefore unlocking it for you to use. It can only be "loaded" into one car at a time.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like you got F'd. It doesn't appear whoever you bought it off of took the tune out of their car therefore unlocking it for you to use. It can only be "loaded" into one car at a time.
see my previous post. I called stratified and they said because my tune was built for a 2015 rom it didnt work because even though I have a 2015 ST, my rom software is for a 2016. They just need to build it for a 2016.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
see my previous post. I called stratified and they said because my tune was built for a 2015 rom it didnt work because even though I have a 2015 ST, my rom software is for a 2016. They just need to build it for a 2016.
Ha, you must have replied while I was typing. Glad that's all it was.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This was indeed an interesting one that happened just as Ford switched over to the 2016 roms. In this case it was a simple fix :).
Hey Alex. I sent in an e-mail last night. It looks like I did not get a low boost (eco mode) in my 5th slot. I believe this was my mistake because I said no to flat foot shifting, but I think i accidentally said no in the box for the low boost map slot. Is there a way to remedy this? My order # is 4642.

·
Vendor
2,560 Posts
Hey Alex. I sent in an e-mail last night. It looks like I did not get a low boost (eco mode) in my 5th slot. I believe this was my mistake because I said no to flat foot shifting, but I think i accidentally said no in the box for the low boost map slot. Is there a way to remedy this? My order # is 4642.
I believe we spoke on the phone, yes we can sort this out for you and send you an update including the low boost tune.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe we spoke on the phone, yes we can sort this out for you and send you an update including the low boost tune.
It was all taken care of. Now I need to do my logs and send those over. Thanks Alex!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts