Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, fellow ST owners! I've been roaming these forums for the last few years learning all I can for when I'd finally be able to get an ST. I've tried to get a handful over the last few years, but I've just never been able to make a worthy deal happen. I was perfectly happy with my previous car and wasn't even car shopping, but I got the ST itch again and decided to take a stab at one I saw at my local Ford dealership. Finally, FINALLY, I was able to make a killer deal happen on a Kona Blue 2016 ST1 with the grey Rato wheels, which is EXACTLY what I've been wanting. Though, this blue is much different than the Kona Blue I've seen on previous models. It used to be almost a purple, but this is more like a metallic navy blue. I came from a full bolt-on and tuned 2014 Camaro 1LT that made 291 rwhp and 254 rwtq on pump gas. It was really fun and I took down my fair share of cars in it, but this ST is almost as quick bone stock. Especially once I figured out shifting under 6,000 RPMs was faster than shifting at redline in this car. I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier. It is A LOT funner to drive, that's for sure. I've always been a huge fan of front-wheel drive torque steer, and this thing has plenty of it. I plan on getting the muffler and resonator deleted soon, as well as installing a drop-in filter. This way I have some noise to get me by for now. All I've done so far is removed the Focus badge on the hatch to give it a cleaner look. I need to get these windows tinted ASAP! Anyway, I just figured I'd introduce myself and post a couple of pictures. I was the most well known V6 guy on Camaro5, so I am sure you guys will be seeing a lot of me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Another Kona Blue owner. A sign of a truly sophisticated man.....

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Looking good! Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a Kona Blue St2 as well! Nothing against the previous Performance Blue, but I really preferred this shade of blue.

I love the way this car just sails through corners and surges out of twisty bends with heart pumping torque steer. Previous car was an NA Miata so its nice to not get chopped by mini vans:rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel you and agree. Haha. My Camaro had to be high in the RPMs to make power, so being able to not have to down shift to get up and go is so nice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello, fellow ST owners! I've been roaming these forums for the last few years learning all I can for when I was finally able to get one. I've tried to get a handful of STs over the last few years, but I've just never been able to make a worthy deal happen. I wasn't looking to get out of my current car yet, but I decided to take a stab Thursday and finally made a killer deal happen on a Kona Blue 2016 ST1, which is exactly the color and trim I've been wanting. Though, this blue is much different than the Kona Blue I've seen on previous models. It used to be almost a purple, but this is more like a metallic navy blue. Regardless, I came from a 2014 Camaro V6 1LT that had full bolt-ons and a tune and made 291 rwhp and 254 rwtq on pump gas (92 premium here). It was really fun and I took down my fair share of cars in it, but this ST is almost as quick bone stock. I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier. It is ALOT funner to drive, that's for sure. I plan on getting the muffler deleted Friday if my muffler guy has an opening and ordering a drop-in filter. This way I have some noise to get me by until I can get the funds rolling for the ST since I had literally just finished modding my Camaro. It was catless and extremely loud, so I need some sound for now. Although, even stock this car is very throaty at WOT with the windows up. It sounds a lot like my Cruze 1.4T did. I've already removed the Focus badge on the hatch to give it a cleaner look. I like the lone ST badging because it keeps everyone guessing. Especially once I cover up the Ford badging with turbo snails. I also need to get these windows tinted ASAP! Anyway, I just figured I'd introduce myself and post a couple of pictures. I was the most well known V6 guy on Camaro5, so I am sure you guys will be seeing a lot of me.
Yes, that color is way better than the previous. Good luck with her. Have you given her a name yet?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree! I have not. Haha. I've been looking up custom plates for my state, but it sucks that you can't have lowercase letters on them. BooSTed would've been awesome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree! I have not. Haha. I've been looking up custom plates for my state, but it sucks that you can't have lowercase letters on them. BooSTed would've been awesome.
I have custom plates and it's not easy. Usually someone already has it, and any way you can think of spelling too. I saw one the other day,(CONFUSED)
That's funny right there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha. I was looking up a bunch and there were a ton available on the DoT site. Washington people just don't have any imagination. I mean, they're Seahawks "fans", what do you expect? XD

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the ST community (officially :) ) and congrats on the purchase. Kona blue is so much better than performance blue IMO.
Thanks! And I totally agree. I actually feel like I've already been a part of this forum for quite some time, even though I've never had an account. I've been monitoring it for the last few years just waiting until I got my ST. It's nice to already know about all of your mod options and choices before even owning the vehicle.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The ST won't disappoint, it has it's rough edges like most cars but you'll grow to love it more and more the longer you own it :) I know I did :D Btw, on your sig you're planning on doing a muffler delete. Unless you plan on keeping your exhaust mod to that and not get a catback, might I suggest doing the resonator delete instead. It's cheaper, I had mine done by a muffler shop for $50 and the net effect is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I plan on getting a 3" cat-back eventually, I just need some sound to tide me over until then. I came from a catless V6 with a muffler delete, so I'm not only used to hearing the exhaust, but LOUD exhaust. I think I might just delete both as long as it isn't raspy. It doesn't sound like it in any of the videos I've watched.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts