Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2014 Ingot Silver ST3 with 26k on it. Ive wanted one of these for a while but when they first came out I was dumping money into my Mustang and couldn't really afford one. Now with the Mustang being parked for a while + starting a new job + my old Hyundai Accent being a turd made me look into them again.

Also turns out my car has a tune on it (after I accidentally set it to economy mode and thought something was wrong) but doesn't have the Accessport, unfortunately. Also I like the idea of the mudflaps but the red has got to go lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Welcome to the team Caboose!!!! Love the ST in silver! I agree...not a fan of the red mudflaps. In my opinion mudflaps shouldn't be an accent point. I love my black RokBlokz short mudflaps with gray/silver decals on my Magnetic Metallic car. If you believe your car has a tune and you don't have an accessport, then it's time to buy an accessport (AP)! Many of the tuners will give you a base/OTS (Off The Shelf) tune for free when you buy the AP from them. Check out the performance forum and read the thread Brian60 created on choosing a tuner.

Reactions: caboose302

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the team Caboose!!!! Love the ST in silver! I agree...not a fan of the red mudflaps. In my opinion mudflaps shouldn't be an accent point. I love my black RokBlokz short mudflaps with gray/silver decals on my Magnetic Metallic car. If you believe your car has a tune and you don't have an accessport, then it's time to buy an accessport (AP)! Many of the tuners will give you a base/OTS (Off The Shelf) tune for free when you buy the AP from them. Check out the performance forum and read the thread Brian60 created on choosing a tuner.
Thank you! I'll check that post out. That will be the first thing on my list... Well that and new mudflaps lol. I'll check out the RokBlokz too.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I am happy to take some pictures of my rokblokz for you tomorrow. I think they look great on the MM, but they definitely would look good on the silver ST too. If the stickers start to pull off the mudflaps RokBlokz sells additional sets for only a few bucks! Tuning the car is by far the biggest gain you can get for the dollars regarding performance.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome from the Netherlands, hope you will enjoy the car for many miles

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome to the ST family! Regarding the tune, I'm not sure if you're going to be able to tune the car with a new AccessPort while another AP is married to the car. That may be a question you can ask in Electronics or reach out to Cobb.

To elaborate, when you install an AP onto a car you "marry" that device to that specific ECU. The person that sold the car (without the AP) now has a useless AP since it hasn't been uninstalled (or unmarried) from your car. This isn't really your problem, unless your new AP won't install over the existing installation. Cobb should definitely be able to answer or help you out, but wanted to bring that to your attention before you just go drop $500 on a new AP. With all that said, you can DEFINITELY purchase a used AP as long as it has been unmarried. Notably, an AP can only be married/unmarried 5 times per accessport. Let us know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the ST family! Regarding the tune, I'm not sure if you're going to be able to tune the car with a new AccessPort while another AP is married to the car. That may be a question you can ask in Electronics or reach out to Cobb.

To elaborate, when you install an AP onto a car you "marry" that device to that specific ECU. The person that sold the car (without the AP) now has a useless AP since it hasn't been uninstalled (or unmarried) from your car. This isn't really your problem, unless your new AP won't install over the existing installation. Cobb should definitely be able to answer or help you out, but wanted to bring that to your attention before you just go drop $500 on a new AP. With all that said, you can DEFINITELY purchase a used AP as long as it has been unmarried. Notably, an AP can only be married/unmarried 5 times per accessport. Let us know if you have any questions!
Thank you. That thought had crossed my mind lol. The dealership I bought it from is going to see if the AP was removed or if it was never turned it with it. They usually remove aftermarket items and hold on to them for 30 days before getting rid of them. Worst case scenario they said if I wanted to, I can take it up to Ford and they will pay to have the ECU re-flashed so when I get an AP I can use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts