Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I just started with JST and they’ve been very quick with my revisions. My base tune was sent to me the day after I sent in my sheet and my revision was sent to me less than 24hrs after sending in my datalogs. They’ve been awesome so far and I’ve been very impressed with the tune.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
From what I can read on their different packages, it looks like its just an etune with revisions.
A protune is any tune thats tune by a trained professional cobb tuner that did as many revisions as possible to get your car dialed in to the T.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
When i say professuonally trained i mean people that havr been doinh for a long long time n have the full accessrace software not just acesstuner which from what i understand doesnt give people quite as many tables and controls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It depends, stratified has pops and crackles which I prefer sometimes. But for driveability and smooth power delivery CP-E for sure. And, Mitch was one of the best people I’ve ever worked with. I know he isn’t there anymore which sucks for future people but I’d recommend Mitch wherever he is working.
I’m currently running a CPE tune and love it. You’re spot on with smooth power delivery. Also agree with the best tuner I’ve worked with. Very informative and helpful. I’m going to get a JST tune just for the fact that I want to see what everyone has to offer. And from what I understand, Mitch isn’t in the field anymore. He didn’t specify what he was doing, but no more tuning for now :(

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I know what a Protune is. JST uses that verbiage differently for their products, however.
Yea bud that was to the OP that asked the original question asking whats the difference between a what was it, a custom tune and a protune? They are identical.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
815 Posts
Except he doesn’t respond to emails until you actually purchase a tune...
Wouldn't agree with that. He answered a couple questions from me before I purchased a custom tune from him. Maybe I just got lucky on the pre-purchase emails? Regardless, Brian has been great with the custom tune and in response to my questions, as well as getting back to me after I sent him data logs.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts