Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between all of JST's tune option. Like their ProTune vs Custom tunes. Their descriptions are very confusing. Will the ProTunes be custom tunes by data logs? Or just flash tunes? With their bundle with the APV3 you get a ProTune that you select your options like fuel type. Does the e30 option include a custom tune?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
People say the owner of JST is very responsive to email inquiries.

You may be most satisfied if you go straight to the source to get your questions answered.

From listening to the folks here talk about their JST tunes, I know he does tunes off multiple iterations of data logs but I don’t know what he calls those types of tunes vs a generic tune that’s intended for no specific ST.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Except he doesn’t respond to emails until you actually purchase a tune...
Didnt get a chance to experience it, since I knew I wanted a JST tune.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Fastest isn’t usually the best.... My CP-E tune is worlds more refined and enjoyable to drive.
Fastest in the sense when you send back your datalog and get revisions with their custom tune.

edit: better than getting flat-out ignored like other vendors.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Fastest in the sense when you send back your datalog and get revisions with their custom tune.
Yea, that’s the same context I was referring to. He gets you’re revisions back to you quickly, sometimes. But JST isn’t the best tune. I have stratified, CP-E and JST. JST is my least favorite.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand all of the things you guys have been saying but nobody has really answered my question and I can't email JST to get my questions answered. Is the basic COBB Accessport package with the ProTune, are they refined tunes or just basic flash tunes that are done for your mods but not by data logs?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have not dealt with Brian at JST personally as far as business with tunes. But i chatted with him online and hes a very cool and down to earth guy from what i got. There arent to many tuners like that, some are very "your just a customer and heres your tune now out the door" and no one likes to feel like that. So I dont think youd be upset. Id recommend PDtuning, JST or Freektune.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I understand all of the things you guys have been saying but nobody has really answered my question and I can't email JST to get my questions answered. Is the basic COBB Accessport package with the ProTune, are they refined tunes or just basic flash tunes that are done for your mods but not by data logs?
From what I can read on their different packages, it looks like its just an etune with revisions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How are the edge auto sport tunes? They are a lot less confusing and they seem to have very good/quick customer support.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea, that’s the same context I was referring to. He gets you’re revisions back to you quickly, sometimes. But JST isn’t the best tune. I have stratified, CP-E and JST. JST is my least favorite.
What's your most favorite?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what I can read on their different packages, it looks like its just an etune with revisions.
Yeah but the thing is it says a lot of the stuff repeatedly on the different tunes/packages. So I'm just wondering If I should purchase an APV3 for $500 then buy the custom tune for 91/e30 for $295 for a total of $795. Or if it would be cheaper and make more sense just to purchase this package *Cobb Ford AccessPORT V3 w/ ProTuneFocus ST/Fiesta ST / Add Full 91/93 Custom Tune plus Ethanol/Race Gas/or WMI / No cause it would be the same thing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What's your most favorite?
It depends, stratified has pops and crackles which I prefer sometimes. But for driveability and smooth power delivery CP-E for sure. And, Mitch was one of the best people I’ve ever worked with. I know he isn’t there anymore which sucks for future people but I’d recommend Mitch wherever he is working.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Wow that’s odd before I bought a tune he looked over my stratifed logs and told me there was more room left for improvement.
I sent about 3 emails over the course of 6 months, and someone actively tuning with him dropped him a note that I was reaching out, but I never got a response. It’s cool though, I went with another great tuner. OP was looking for info and I thought other members might be of more help.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My .02 JST was slow in responding to emails post tune, pre purchase was good. On that note it took me about a month to get my BT tune finalized. Unleashed was the fastest to respond to datalogs, Torrie may be dry in emails and is definitely a cut to the chase kinda guy, but if I was to do it all over I’d kept my sct device abd gone BT tune with Torrie

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
9 Posts
Brian at JST tuned my FBO 13 ST and it was amazing! Car dynod somewhere around 280hp to the wheels. He was always super helpful and when he didn’t have an answer he’d help me find one. Car ended up exploding due to a bad plug that came apart in the cylinder and scored the walls too badly to repair. I want to get tuned thru JST again. I recommend 10/10

1 - 20 of 27 Posts