Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'd like to officially say hello to everyone from FocusST.org! We've been around the Ecoboost community for a little while now and have finally decided to further our business by officially joining FocusST.org as a supporting Vendor. We've successfully tuned over 100 Ecoboost vehicles (70% of which were Focus ST's) and we continue to branch out every single day. We are very Avid members of the Atlanta ST Club as well as a few other ST specific clubs. We currently have our own personal 2015 Focus ST and 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 6 speed Performance package, and also a good friend who lets us freely use his 2014 Fiesta ST for testing. We look forward to contributing tons of reviews, results, data, and information to this forum on a daily basis. Please feel free to contact us for all of your Focus ST needs!

Now, for a little info about us.

During our spare time, you can find us on the track, at an autocross, rallycross, dragstrip, or basically any motorsport event that we can attend. We are passionate about what we do and hope to bring this passion and knowledge to our customers.

We have been tuning, building, and racing cars since 2006 and have participated in many different forms of motorsports over the years! We build our own racecars, which has allowed us to develop a large knowledge base of everything from turbos and suspension to wheel and tire set-ups. If we can't answer your question right away, we are willing to spend time on researching and talking to the appropriate people to find the answer for you.

We have raced on the national level with the SCCA and are PCA licensed driving instructors. We understand the various dynamics of vehicle modification and how to apply it properly to a track setting. Because we are avid motorsports fanatics, we have used and are willing to use any of the products that we sell. We can provide our customers unbiased feedback on many of the products that we have available.
JST Performance began as a Subaru specific parts retailer under the name Subie Autosport. Since then, we have grown tremendously and increased our product base to include the Ford Ecoboost platform. We have further expanded the services that we provide by becoming SCT and COBB approved ProTuners and by adding our very own dyno to our facility! Our in-house tuner has spent countless hours completing hands on training at the SCT Performance facility with their lead tuners as well as many classroom sessions learning how to properly tune the Ecoboost platform for performance applications.

We strive to make the purchasing experience simple and easy for our customers and we are looking for 100% customer satisfaction from every transaction. As a company, we want one on one personalized customer relationships, meaning that we want our customers to feel that they can reach us anytime for any reason...even if it is just to chat about cars!!

Brian and Corrin Tyson - Owners

www.Jst-performance.com

Telephone: 478-290-7953

[email protected]

[email protected] for all Tuning inquiries

11049545_837653053014209_8220865151767338164_n.jpg 12006202_822688001177381_488549872037336673_n.jpg 10265572_10207536178498731_4081039214377735024_o.jpg 10891_1072961699422097_5547018964366094840_n.jpg 12512578_10208476539931204_7114818893969236540_n.jpg 1935423_861458330633681_2565692095039870541_n.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome welcome!

For anyone looking for a great vendor for all things go-fast I would strongly recommend hitting Brian and Corrin up! In Atlanta he's been a huge contributor for our local community and a wealth of information and straight shooting advice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been running a JST Performance tune for a while now. I was tuned by Randy before and there was a night and day difference in how the car drives on a day to day basis. It's much more civilized, less peaky. Power feels better, but that could be a result of the downpipe I didn't have with Randy's tune.

Brian is definitely an asset to this community in getting good power out of these cars safely. I very rarely see any negative corrections at all, just positives. I always recommend him for his tuning services on Facebook and will here as well.

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have already ordered a few parts from JST to get some basics covered. I have already decided to let JST handle all my tuning needs on my Focus. He is very knowledgeable and took the time to answer any questions or concerns I may have had, and listens to what your goals are with the car and budget to make sure you hit your goal without throwing pointless modifications into the mix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brian has excellent customer service and product turnaround, and is a lot more responsive than other tuners are (in my experience). I personally switched from a Stage 3 FSWerks tune to a JST Stage 3 tune and my car feels much more responsive, I definitely feel more torque and power than before. I also have noticed that his tune is 'safer' as I rarely see any negative corrections, lowest I've seen is -.5, and I rarely encounter knock like I had before. I am also hitting the same peak boost numbers as I was, if not a tad more. Personally his tune definitely looks and feels safer while putting out similar/higher numbers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been running Brian's tune for about 4 months now on my stage 3 Focus. It is is incredible. The car makes excellent power. He knows what he's doing, it's important to understand he drives a focus as a daily and he runs his tune. That's important to me as a customer in a sense that he trust his own tune on his own car. Brian and corrin are awesome people to hang out with with and will give an unbiased review on any part they sell, they will tell you where it's pointless to send your money and suggest something else in its place. It's not all about the money to them, it's more so about fellowship and the customers experience.

We did 6 revisions on my car until we were both satisfied, he is a perfectionist. He is passionate about what he does. I ran a tune from unleashed that gave me a lot of problems, after poor communication from torrie leaving me an unsatisfied customer for several months the tune caused a random misfire during medium/high boost that he never could figure out. I've yet to have one problem from Brian's tune.

One find thing brian failed to mention on his intro lost. He has the WORLDS fastest stock turbo Focus ST. Using his own tune, if that excites any of you. He spent countless days at the strip and countless hours on his lap top to perfect the tune, he worked his ass off for it.

He has been a true asset to the Atlanta ST club and all its members, we are happy to have him and his family as part of the best ST club in the nation!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome JST!

I've been tuned for a while through another company but decided to order a tune and AP from Brian due to excellent word of mouth and let's face it he and his wife are really cool people with a lot of knowledge about our platform. I got my AP very quickly and got my first base tune today. Really looking forward to trying the JST tune and going through the revisions to feel the difference.

Thanks for everything so far Brian!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey guys just ordered a set of husky liners through you. Excited to get them as it is finally winter here in mass. If you guys want to throw any promotional swag in my package I won't be opposed lol.

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the order buddy! we will hook you up with something :) were currently out of a lot swag and waiting on new decals and shirts, but ill get you something!

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
136 Posts
I called Brian this morning. We discussed my best option for a rmm. When the price was a little out of my range he worked his magic to make ends meet. I look forward to doing business with him.

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^ No problem man! was great doing business with you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
JST performance is a fantastic vendor and I absolutely loved the custom stage 2 tune I had on my 14 focus st. I recently traded in for a 16 ST3 and will definitely be going back to Brian for my tune!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts