Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, we currently dont have a good medium for customer reviews of our custom tunes, so i decided to make a thread just for our customers to review there custom tunes!

Review away! -Brian

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is a list of the reviews I have written over the time working with JST Performance.

Review of first experience with JST and Going Stage 3
I want to take some time and give an overall review and backstory of my experiences with Brian Tyson @ JST Performance. I bought a 2016 Focus ST and this is my first performance car as well as first turbo car. I knew from the start that I wanted more power and to make this vehicle fit my personality and goals. Knowing this was going to take time and money I figured I would get my research started. I ended up on focusst.org as well as a few Facebook groups. I joined the local ATL ST Club and learned about a local tuner. I chatted with him a bit and even know I haven’t bought anything for my car yet, he took the time to answer my questions and give me a reasonable idea of what to expect and how to reach my goal.

My goal was to have a daily driver that I can also use to try out some AutoX and Track sessions. I ended up meeting Brian and his wife Corrin at a local meet where he took a bit of time and shared stories, as well as some more info about the ST. I made my first purchase (filter, plugs, shift plate, ap, symposer delete, rmm) from Brian and ended just going stage1 to get things started. I bought his flash tune and things were great. Speaking with him more I ended up purchasing his Lifetime tune package, and since I recently bought the Flash Tune, he worked out it out with me to save me some money on the Lifetime tune.

This is where things got even better. I reached out to Brian and told him that I was ready to go stage3, we ordered the parts (cat back, bpv/bov, fmic) and they were delivered promptly. He also made sure I was aware of what parts I didn’t need to spend money on (charge pipes, intake, etc). I did the install for all of my parts except the FMIC. Brian sent me a quick stage1 tune that was adjusted for the install of the catless downpipe so that I could safely drive the car down to his shop. He did the FMIC install at his shop (I didn’t feel like messing with taking off the bumper) and he was laid back the entire time. He answered questions while working on my car, and made sure I was aware of what to expect when running Stage3. I even got to experience his Big Turbo GTX2867R ST, and now I am tempted to go BT in the future. After everything was installed and tuned the car up, I can now say my Focus is definitely a different animal. I will have to look into some wider wheels and tires to keep that wheel spin under control. It feels fantastic plus it’s rocking the JSTUNED banner on the windshield.

In our local club he has been a wealth of knowledge and knows how to tune the cars to make them run!

Parts installed on my car:
-Cobb Filter
-NGK Iridium (1 step colder)
-Cobb Shift Plate
-Cobb Symposer Delete
-Cobb Rear Motor Mount
-Cobb Accessport
-CFM 3” T409 Catless Downpipe
-MBRP 3” T409 Catback Exhaust
-JST Performance Intercooler (Mishimoto J-Line)
-Turbosmart 50/50 BPV/BOW
-Cobb Exhaust Hangers
-Damond Motorsports Stage 3 Catch Can Kit
-JSTuned Lifetime Tune
-93 Octane Stage 3 Tune w/ E30 Map

If you are looking for someone to tune your Fiesta, Focus, Ecoboost Mustang. You need to at least do yourself a favor and give Brian @ JST Performance a shout. If it helps to know, his Focus ST has worked hard to earn it’s 20,000+ miles as a daily driver and track car.
Review of Dyno Tune
I headed down to see Brian after work to get dyno tuned for 93oct and E30. I came with a low tank of gas and some E85 in a gas can. He quickly got my car up on the dyno and started tuning for 93oct. My tune was pretty close since he had done a few revisions via E-tuning. Afterwards we pulled the car down and went out to get some gas and filled up with the E85 that I brought and some 93oct from a station down the street. He drove the car and got a couple quick logs while on E30. He put it up on the Dyno and continued to tune. He finally got to the point where the car was making plenty of power. I got tuned while it was humid and hot outside. I can say that the car has never given me any issues even when hitting 103degrees ambient. I have done AutoXs and other events without any issue.

The E30 results on his dyno were:
402.2wtq @ 2950rpm

[email protected]
[email protected]

FB_IMG_1466033378115.jpg
Longterm Review
I wanted to take a moment and give a shoutout to Brian Tyson and Corrin Tyson over at JST-Performance.

I bought my car in December of 2015 and it didn't stay stock for long. The car turned 19k miles today. The car has been driven hard and most importantly well maintained. Plenty of AutoX events, Many Mountain runs, a Track day, and the daily commute. The car has been absolutely bulletproof and runs even better than the day I bought it.

Everything on this car has been purchased from JST-Performance except for (CFM Downpipe and Damond OCCs). And there is still a large parts list to go as time continues.

If you are looking for a great place to do business and buy parts and/or even get an amazing Tune, reach out to them. The customer service is absolutely amazing! If you don't see something on their website, I suggest asking them to see if they are able to get it for you!
13568914_10209047776925519_1463801142289814841_o.jpg 13582117_10209047776725514_1595682097722889839_o.jpg 13603247_10209047776645512_4820724795343134985_o.jpg

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow very nice reviews! really appreciate it^^

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just started my BT tune with JST and i'm excited to try "the sauce" will do a full review for my 93 tune shoot might even do my first logs today. Either way i'm already custom tuned so it will be a nice comparison especially on pump gas.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just started my BT tune with JST and i'm excited to try "the sauce" will do a full review for my 93 tune shoot might even do my first logs today. Either way i'm already custom tuned so it will be a nice comparison especially on pump gas.
You tuning for an E-mix too? Ethanol really wakes these cars up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
no just pump no E85 in germany

·
Registered
553 Posts
I just finished all my tune revisions on my BT setup! First of all, he is open to tuning YOUR car how YOU want. He knows what's safe, what's reliable, and when to stop. I ran into one issue on one of my revisions I was overboosting. He suspected a vacuum leak, and sure enough there it was. A hose popped off my boost controller so I got under it and fixed it. Not a single hiccup other than that which greatly pleases me. As everyone always says he is super responsive. I was doing 1 or 2 revisions in a single day. It honestly depended on my availability to go out there and datalog. He was able to send me a file for my split second controller for my aux fuel. Easy peazy. Now I have an amazing tune on my BT setup and a couple map slots with different things for exactly what I wanted. He really is the man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts