Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for the blue st seats now for 3 months, at the least. I've looked everywhere for them, only ever seen ONE pair of front seats (which is what I need). But, I havent seen those pair since the last time about 2 months ago. How rare are the blue accented seats? I cant seem to find ANYWHERE

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ive been looking for the blue st seats now for 3 months, at the least. I've looked everywhere for them, only ever seen ONE pair of front seats (which is what I need). But, I havent seen those pair since the last time about 2 months ago. How rare are the blue accented seats? I cant seem to find ANYWHERE
It would be cheaper, faster, and actually possible if you just take the seats to a professional shop and have them done with custom covers how you want.
I've seen a couple of people on this quest and it is apparently not something they ever achieved.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be cheaper, faster, and actually possible if you just take the seats to a professional shop and have them done with custom covers how you want.
I've seen a couple of people on this quest and it is apparently not something they ever achieved.
When you say "Take it to a shop and get it professionally done." You mean take normal st2 seats and have the skin changed?

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST-2
10 Posts
I spent 6 months looking for blue insert front st2 seats and only found one good set in Wisconsin, I’m in PA so that wasn’t going to happen. I eventually gave up as it was waaaay easier to just buy a whole set of black recaro st3 seats and swap over the passenger occupancy sensor. I spent $800 and now have a full st3 leather interior.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spent 6 months looking for blue insert front st2 seats and only found one good set in Wisconsin, I’m in PA so that wasn’t going to happen. I eventually gave up as it was waaaay easier to just buy a whole set of black recaro st3 seats and swap over the passenger occupancy sensor. I spent $800 and now have a full st3 leather interior.
Thats my plan if I cant find any blue. I'll just go with normal st2 seats

·
Registered
750 Posts
When you say "Take it to a shop and get it professionally done." You mean take normal st2 seats and have the skin changed?
yes, there are custom shops that do this level of work.
talk to some of the hot rod heads in your area, they will know who is good and who isn't. you can pick your own patterns, materials, and colors. Basically get whatever you want if you find the right shop.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Craigslist
Car-Part.com
Gaahhh Facebook Marketplace

it’s a chore. A daily chore. But it can be done.
Mine were from a 2014, and were in at least 2 other cars before my 2018. And I did the full harness swap to make them work because I was that serious. It’s covered in one of my posts someplace else.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A number of the salvage parts yards would have banded them to a pallet and had them commercial freighted across the country. It's possible. And dependant on your level of desire.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
546 Posts
Reactions: MrBen522

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I too have the blue, have always toyed with the idea of getting blue stripes on the car to match.
Do it! Moar cars with stripes is moar better

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 ST2 in Kona Blue with the blue seats. The only info online is from 2013, which there were about 900 made with the blue seats. I've never seen one past 2016 with the blue seats so I think it might've been discontinued then so feel free to correct me, but there should've been about 3-4k with the blue seats made, but it seems like so much lower.

However, the option wasn't offered on Race Red or Tangerine Scream, and multiple other colors were discontinued and replaced so I'm not sure how much it was carried over. I think it would be safe to say that most were on ones that were on some variation of blue.

I'd say your best bet might be trying to find one on Copart maybe, not too sure though.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I have a 2016 ST2 in Kona Blue with the blue seats. The only info online is from 2013, which there were about 900 made with the blue seats. I've never seen one past 2016 with the blue seats so I think it might've been discontinued then so feel free to correct me, but there should've been about 3-4k with the blue seats made, but it seems like so much lower.

However, the option wasn't offered on Race Red or Tangerine Scream, and multiple other colors were discontinued and replaced so I'm not sure how much it was carried over. I think it would be safe to say that most were on ones that were on some variation of blue.

I'd say your best bet might be trying to find one on Copart maybe, not too sure though.
There definitely were tangerine and race red seats offered. Tangerine being the second most rare and race red being the most rare of the bunch. I would've bought a car with the tangerine seats but they weren't heated. Grrr.

My buddy has a 16' with tangerine seats. 16' is when tangerine was discontinued so i know there were no more after that. Unsure on the blue and red.
Motor vehicle Head restraint Chair Automotive design Vehicle

Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Head restraint

I second copart or IAAI. Worst case scanario you part out the whole car to make your money back and then sell the rest for scrap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts