Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are probably a number of threads related to this topic, but...
I bought the JLT can for my 2013 a few months back and I wanted to share a word of caution with you guys, especially the ones in dustier climates.
I was having a friendly chat with a gentleman down the street (his an ST3, Mine an ST2), and he starts talking about catch cans.
He walks over to my car and looks at it and says "where does it go?".
I look at the nipple on the back of the gorgeous wrinkle black intake tube and to my surprise, THE HOSE WAS SPLIT AND SHREDDED TO HECK!
I live in the high desert and its a dusty place. I would prefer all my air for combustion be filtered.
I'm not knocking the product itself, but the hose setup on these seems to be "janked" together.
I wasn't a fan of having to splice the hoses in the first place, but now I can say definitively that if you have one of their cans, CHECK THE HOSES EARLY AND OFTEN!

I ended up taking the "toy" hose to my local auto parts store for a length about 4" longer than what they provided and made of reinforced tube for about $1.80

·
Registered
135 Posts
What does dust have to do with a catch can or the hose splitting?
I think the OP is trying to warn JLT CC users to be aware that dust can get in there when the hose splits....

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've got one, bought it a long time ago, and just installed it a couple weeks ago. If everything is seated correctly the hoses are a ***** to get apart, and the hoses were well made so I'm with UnfocusedST, maybe you got a defective one

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the OP is trying to warn JLT CC users to be aware that dust can get in there when the hose splits....
Correct, its a .5" unfiltered hole in the intake tube at that point. It was an easy enough fix, just wanted to raise the issue to give it a check from time to time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got one, bought it a long time ago, and just installed it a couple weeks ago. If everything is seated correctly the hoses are a ***** to get apart, and the hoses were well made so I'm with UnfocusedST, maybe you got a defective one
The other hoses look fine, so this is probably the case.
Certainly not one of those things I had thought of checking regularly until now, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts