Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Havent clocked build time on one yet but a decent amount goes into them. We port everything smooth after its welded for best flow possible
Niiiiice I didn't know that! This is why I backed this horse. Attention to detail!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thew the car on the dyno yesterday and got some decent numbers. We had some issues with the boost controll so these runs are off gate pressure with the line from the turbo signal to the gate. I will go over the lines and solenoids today and get it sorted.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Now that you guys released your new exhaust would you guys do a complete bundle? I was going to buy an exhaust system this year and next year going BT but I might have to rethink it and maybe go all at once depending

·
Registered
169 Posts
have any kind of install guides or something along those lines?

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
have any kind of install guides or something along those lines?
you can use the install guide found in the Big Turbo section. Edge Autosport did a perfect writeup that is good for just about any turbo kit that is out now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
you can use the install guide found in the Big Turbo section. Edge Autosport did a perfect writeup that is good for just about any turbo kit that is out now.
Right on, the main thing you answered for me was the EWG. Did you just plug the water ports that are on it or did you utilize them? I read Tial recommended it for like heavy heavy track use etc..

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Right on, the main thing you answered for me was the EWG. Did you just plug the water ports that are on it or did you utilize them? I read Tial recommended it for like heavy heavy track use etc..
no i left them open. i suggest using them if you intend on tracking the car where the EWG will see rapid and prolonged usage. if its a street car then you will have no adverse effects one way or the other.

·
Registered
169 Posts
no i left them open. i suggest using them if you intend on tracking the car where the EWG will see rapid and prolonged usage. if its a street car then you will have no adverse effects one way or the other.
interesting, i do track the car often enough to look into it more. curious as to where to pull coolant from and return it to. More researching! As for dump tube routing, thinking of just using exhaust wrap on the tube and some sort of heat tape on the pan and cutting a hole it in.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
interesting, i do track the car often enough to look into it more. curious as to where to pull coolant from and return it to. More researching! As for dump tube routing, thinking of just using exhaust wrap on the tube and some sort of heat tape on the pan and cutting a hole it in.
@Ocysp ran coolant lines to his.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You can just tee off from the line that feeds the turbo coolant. The water passages on the EWG are pretty small, so not a whole lot of coolant passes through them. I ran a -6AN line too feed the turbo, but tee'd that off to a -4AN line to feed the EWG. The port/passages on the EWG are smaller than a -4AN line. For the EWG return line, I just Y'ed into the turbo's return line that runs into the side of the block.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can just tee off from the line that feeds the turbo coolant. The water passages on the EWG are pretty small, so not a whole lot of coolant passes through them. I ran a -6AN line too feed the turbo, but tee'd that off to a -4AN line to feed the EWG. The port/passages on the EWG are smaller than a -4AN line. For the EWG return line, I just Y'ed into the turbo's return line that runs into the side of the block.
Perfect thanks for the info

21 - 40 of 45 Posts