Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, my attempt at my ultimate daily driver build to dial the ST in just as I want.

2016 Kona Blue ST, ST3 package

Custom Tuned by Brian Tyson at https://jst-performance.com

Mods:

- Cobb AP V3, Custom Stage 3 JSTuned
- Mishimoto FMIC JST kit
- Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
- 1 step colder plugs
- Mountune Air Filter
- Mountune BPV
- Cobb Rear Motor Mount
- Cobb Short Shifter Plate
- Cobb Sound Symposer Delete
- Eibach Pro-kit Suspension
- Garageline Wheel Spacers 20mm Front/25mm Rear
- Steeda/CPE Catted Downpipe
- Rebel Devil Heavy Duty Downpipe Bracket
- Thermal R&D 3" Exhaust
- Steeda Rear Sway Bar
- Steeda Short Shift Lever, bushings
- Lathewerks Shift Knob
- Findway 3D Floor Mats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That exhaust is gorgeous! How is the sound at cruising? Website suggests it doesn't drone?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
Thanks. Zero drone. It's a very loud exhaust and aggressive, but when you cruise at any speed it does not drone. Really pleased with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are you liking the JSTune?
I would not consider anyone else. Brian has tuned hundreds of ST's, but a lot of them are local to me and some have been tuned for tens of thousands of miles without issue so I had good first hand local case studies of his work - needed a proven pro tuner like JST that is safe while maximizing performance. Yea, I am sure there are some other ok/good tuners out there so no hate here, but I am confident I went with the best.

Brian's customer service has been top notch, I have been to his shop, I have let him install some go fast parts and drive my car - trusted.

Post Stage 1, went with JST's lifetime tune so every time I added more go fast parts, I would send a log and after a short while he would send my revision. We did a couple revisions on Stage 3 just to dial her in perfectly. Highly recommend the lifetime tune from JST.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Love to see more pics and maybe video of the exhaust. Been reading great things about Thermal.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Known Chuck @ Thermal R&D for nearly 20 years. His exhaust are efficient and drone free.

My car is being used for dyno testing, videos and sound clips.

I should have pictures and ? of my own at the end of the week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just noticed the replies to my thread and thanks. Looks like you got your answers on the exhaust. Highly recommend.

Really enjoying the ST - now running e30 stage 3 tune from Brian at JST. Amazing!

Exhaust is well worth the price. Zero drone and sounds great under WOT.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Just noticed the replies to my thread and thanks. Looks like you got your answers on the exhaust. Highly recommend.

Really enjoying the ST - now running e30 stage 3 tune from Brian at JST. Amazing!

Exhaust is well worth the price. Zero drone and sounds great under WOT.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.