Ford Focus ST Forum banner

jbuilt 2017 Focus RT (STxRS)

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  jbuilt 
#1 · (Edited)
I purchased my 2017 ST back in May after getting tired of my Sentra breaking down on me. I had originally gone in hoping to get an RS (In hopes of graduating from FWD), but every dealer I went to had the damn thing for over 43k starting. My other options were too expensive on the insurance side, so I settled. I changed over to the mid 20's in price and started looking around at different cars until I ran into the ST.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Ford

This build will be in hopes of reaching into the 270-280whp range and converting the facia to the RS style, and maintaining its functionality.

Stock(K&N filter w/open air box)
233whp and 272ft/lbs.
As it heated up, it made 220/252 and 210/250.

See less See more
1 1
#3 · (Edited)
Appearance

Bought a 16/17 Focus RS front and rear bumper kit off eBay (aftermarket not OEM)
saukeinc [here's a link to the seller I bought from]
Message them for more detail on restocking of the kit.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

It seems to be an injection style molding using a softer plastic than OEM grade plastic. At the time of purchase for me, the kit was at $1200.

Includes a front Ford emblem and replaces the following Ford PN
Front Bumper
Code:
17E814A
17B968A
17A989
17B814A [L/H & R/H]
17B814B [L/H & R/H]
17B968C
17K945
17B968B
8A254
<8B384
Rear Bumper
Code:
17F828
13A565 [ L/H & R/H]
I think this is definitive proof that the RS front and rear bumpers are bolt-on to the ST.
To do a complete conversion, you'll need a few other parts from the AIR DAM assembly from the RS and RS Front Fender Liners. My local dealer quoted me $850-ish for the rest of the parts (some of which I already have ordered).

[UPDATE 8/13]
Will be getting bumpers painted soon, also have most of the ducting and plastics for the front ready to install. Should be ready by the end of the month.

#4 · (Edited)
Exhaust

So I finally got my downpipe after weeks of waiting for CJ Pony Part's 3inch catless downpipe to come back in stock and getting constant push-backs every time i called for an update. Ended up changing over to an ATP Turbo 3 inch catless downpipe (the only one they physically had in stock). Went over to a known shop in my area and got a custom 3 inch straight pipe to dual 4.5 inch tips.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Bumper

#12 ·
So I finally got my downpipe after weeks of waiting for CJ Pony Part's 3inch catless downpipe to come back in stock and getting constant push
pm sent

#5 ·
Gonna look sick once it's painted to match! That's the one thing I couldn't stand on my ST, was the rear bumper and how weird it looked with that big black piece of plastic along the back. If I didn't buy the RS this is what I would've done to my ST. Minus the front bumper tho.

#11 ·
Totally agreed!! I think Ford finally got their act together when they designed the RS tho. They really knocked it out of the park. I can't stop looking at mine. And drooling lol.

#14 ·
seems like a lot of money to try to fool people into thinking you have an RS

do you plan on BT at all? its not too expensive

#15 ·
Not trying to fool people into thinking an RS, I actually don't want any RS emblems on the car. If not for the big markup on the RS, I would of been an RS owner and not an ST owner. I prefer the RS style well over the ST and want to take advantage of the cooling capabilities of the RS.

I do plan on going BT but want to pay the car off a bit more before I get to that. For the moment I'm going to go full bolt-ons (Stage 3), I have exhaust, intake, and I already ordered an Accessport (should be here by Friday. I'm a little stuck on wanting a Mishimoto FMIC and piping so I'll be waiting for a bit before I'm even ready for a BT

#16 ·
Update

So today my AP finally came in, went ahead and installed the OTS Stage 1 93 Oct tune that comes with the AP

Gadget Electronic device Technology Electronics Mobile phone

Here's a shot of the AP in the car

Gauge Vehicle Electronics Car Speedometer

Got a shot of the Cobb OTS launch control @2500RPM.

I have a Stratified tune on the way, planning on getting it on the dyno then and seeing how much I gained.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.