Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the JBR shift arm but was short on time and couldn't replace the transmission cable bracket bushings. Before I pull everything apart again to install them, what is the biggest difference i will notice/feel, if anything at all? It already feels so much better than before (-40%), pretty easy to shift, seems solid etc. Let me hear what your thoughts!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I installed the JBR shift arm but was short on time and couldn't replace the transmission cable bracket bushings. Before I pull everything apart again to install them, what is the biggest difference i will notice/feel, if anything at all? It already feels so much better than before (-40%), pretty easy to shift, seems solid etc. Let me hear what your thoughts!
The factory bushings are squishy rubber and replacing them with solid metal ones will keep the entire shifter from slopping around. The inexperienced may not notice it but it stiffens the entire shifter up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The factory bushings are squishy rubber and replacing them with solid metal ones will keep the entire shifter from slopping around. The inexperienced may not notice it but it stiffens the entire shifter up.
As said. Definitely worth the upgrade. I noticed the slope/rubbery feel removed, feels like a rifle bolt now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts