Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Details:
JBR Passenger Side Motor Mount 70A
JBR Transmission Side Motor Mount 70A
CPE Stage 2 Rear Motor Mount 65A

Notes:
We installed all three motor mounts at the same time.
It took about 2 hours total using a lift and having access to really good tools.
We had also just installed a set of TTR side motor mounts on another car so we were well versed on what to expect.

First Impression:
Much firmer than stock, can feel and hear exhaust on initial startup, low rpm there are small vibrations like you would expect from any aftermarket setup.
Having talked with a few others and having just installed a set of TTR mounts on another car i can tell you that this setup is not as stiff and does not cause as much NVH.
Driving is GREATLY improved.... wheel hop has been eliminated, throttle response has been improved on acceleration and deceleration, wheel spin has also been reduced.
The best way to describe the car is tighter, more responsive, less torque steer, its almost like driving a go-kart now.
There is a substantial increase in NVH even from this setup, so please be prepared for that. It doesnt bother me, but people that get in your car are probably going to ask whats wrong with it....

Thoughts:
This is my DD and I wanted a firmer than factory setup, I dont go to the track, I dont autocross, it works great for me and I am glad I chose these mounts. Hopefully the NVH will continue to decrease with mileage/break-in.
If you want to track or autocross, I suggest a firmer setup... You can choose the JBR 80A setup or the TTR setup, I know the TTR has good reviews, I would expect the JBR to be just as good.

NOTES:
I only have about 150 miles on the car since install, I will report back further when the car has 500 miles, and again at my next oil change in 3,000 miles.

Pictures:
Car Projects 066.JPG Car Projects 068.JPG Car Projects 069.JPG Car Projects 072.JPG Car Projects 073.JPG Car Projects 074.JPG

·
Registered
749 Posts
Cool man. Nice write up. My 88d TSMM and 80d PSMM go in next week. I can't wait.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yeah, I agree with these mounts for non track use cars. I have the TTR uppers and CPE stage 2 RMM. I fully enjoy the combination and agree with you that NVH must be expected to increase regardless of the setup. I plan on tracking the car so I chose the ttr/cpe setup. I swapped out the COBB rmm for the cpe and had a JBR 88a TSMM but had issues with it.

At any rate, great write up , and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: mounts are excellent, break in took about 1,000 miles. But I love them and they really help out with traction, have a small amount of vibration but think it's mostly from the cpe2 RMM

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Thank You for the review!! We're very pleased to hear your'e happy with them and that they're working well for you. The pictures are excellent too.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For anyone considering these vs the Steeda Mounts, do yourself a huge favor and buy the JBR Transmission mount, the steeda is junk in comparison.

The driver side is nearly identical and I did not notice a difference between them.

·
Vendor
648 Posts
For anyone considering these vs the Steeda Mounts, do yourself a huge favor and buy the JBR Transmission mount, the steeda is junk in comparison.

The driver side is nearly identical and I did not notice a difference between them.
Glad you like the mount!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@SlowestSVT, notice a large amount of transmission/gear whine/noise?

I installed the JBR trans mount and my trans is loud now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely normal.

That's to be expected with any of the transmission mounts, will hear the gears, engagement, possibly even some chatter.
Noise gets transferred through the body now, you can almost feel it through the car.

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Completely normal.

That's to be expected with any of the transmission mounts, will hear the gears, engagement, possibly even some chatter.
Noise gets transferred through the body now, you can almost feel it through the car.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Completely normal.

dam didn't realize this I mean regardless im pairing the trans mopunt with the PSmm I have a lightened flywheel and holy chatter just from the PSMM hope the trans side doesn't add to much if so im still gonna send it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts