Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently installed the JBR Short Shifter Arm on my '17 with all three weights, car only has 1700miles. Since instillation I have noticed that 2nd can be hard to go in while at low RPM, under 2500 or so, and also if costing in neutral (10-20mph) and then trying to go into second. The second scenario is much harder to get into 2nd gear then the first scenario. I usually have to depress the clutch two times to get into 2nd gear if trying from a neutral roll. Even then when it goes in, its not very smooth and takes a decent amount of force to get it in. When shifting from 1st to 2nd at low rpm and little throttle it also takes some force to get it in gear. All other gears shift just as easy as the stock shift arm. Anyone else have this? If so, what was the fix? I'm concerned over time this may cause issues with forks, synchronizers and such. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are things any better? I've had mine for about a month now, but I do remember it being tough getting into 2nd gear from first right after install. It took some getting used to, but I installed a JBR heavy shift knob a few days later, and a heavier knob makes getting into gear A LOT easier with these shorter shifts. It's so much better. I wouldn't go back!

Reactions: STSnail

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
did you adjust the side to side shifter cable?

when I did mine, I also did the shifter bracket bushings and the cable ends solid bushings. I had trouble shifting into second before I adjusted mine, after adjusting it it was a lot better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are things any better? I've had mine for about a month now, but I do remember it being tough getting into 2nd gear from first right after install. It took some getting used to, but I installed a JBR heavy shift knob a few days later, and a heavier knob makes getting into gear A LOT easier with these shorter shifts. It's so much better. I wouldn't go back!
Not yet, but I've only put maybe 300 miles on the car since the install.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

when I did mine, I also did the shifter bracket bushings and the cable ends solid bushings. I had trouble shifting into second before I adjusted mine, after adjusting it it was a lot better.
I did not adjust any cables. Ill have to do some research on that one. Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

So I've done some searching and cant come up with much. You don't by chance have a link, do you? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts