Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am really torn between the 2 of these... I don't know which one to go for. The price on the JBR RMM is amazing but I haven't heard a lot of things about it. (would be looking at the Street(red)version). I've heard amazing things from the CPe Stage 1 RMM however and the material that its made of is supposedly better? I'm torn between the two... anyone have any input for me?

·
Registered
89 Posts
So I am really torn between the 2 of these... I don't know which one to go for. The price on the JBR RMM is amazing but I haven't heard a lot of things about it. (would be looking at the Street(red)version). I've heard amazing things from the CPe Stage 1 RMM however and the material that its made of is supposedly better? I'm torn between the two... anyone have any input for me?
Dont have any insight on the CPe one thing I like about that one is that you can replace the bracket the rmm bolts into.

As for the JBR I daily on the drag mount. I love it, thing has its days it wants to vibrate More then normal. Been on the car for 10k miles and no plans to switch

·
Registered
34 Posts
At least from my research and understanding, both material s are better than stock rubber, which is soft for consumer grade NVM. The poly bushings will get the job done, but EDPM rubber should transmit less NVM than poly. It comes down to personal preference and budget. My stock rmm hasn't been any big drag on street driving my ST, but it is on my bucket list to do. I guess also performance-wise, it depends on how much heat you are generating to degrade the poly performance too. I do like the idea of the EDPM rubber though for long-term.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont have any insight on the CPe one thing I like about that one is that you can replace the bracket the rmm bolts into.

As for the JBR I daily on the drag mount. I love it, thing has its days it wants to vibrate More then normal. Been on the car for 10k miles and no plans to switch
Which JBR RMM do you have? Im guessing the 88 for being on the track/drag strip?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
At least from my research and understanding, both material s are better than stock rubber, which is soft for consumer grade NVM. The poly bushings will get the job done, but EDPM rubber should transmit less NVM than poly. It comes down to personal preference and budget. My stock rmm hasn't been any big drag on street driving my ST, but it is on my bucket list to do. I guess also performance-wise, it depends on how much heat you are generating to degrade the poly performance too. I do like the idea of the EDPM rubber though for long-term.
I was really interested in the EPDM factor for the CPe one as well. I live in Utah where we have extreme summers of high 90's sometimes 100's so the heat is a factor there. I guess I'm just worried on how long they will last.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am in TN, and we have mid 90's to low 100's in the summer. I lean towards the EDPM mounts just because of the formulation of the rubber and the NVH (typo earlier of NVM.. sry). Poly will heat soften given the right conditions.

Reactions: reggy66

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the JBR solid mount as well and that thing fits well and is solid haha. I honestly can't tell you how vibration is cause I have my balance shaft taken out. But def worth looking into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm anyone have any idea how long the JBR mounts hold up for compared to the CPe ones? The price for the JBR one is just so good right now especially with the labor day sale. I haven't seen a sale for any websites carrying the CPe one yet..

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have 139,000 on my CPE mount... Still works great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts