Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have an oil leak coming from my check valve on my stage to catch can from JBR. I noticed no other catch can kits have a check valve; it even worth keeping the check valve? I am thinking about getting a different kit. It hardly catches anything. I have 60k miles and I doubt I have caught more then a cups worth over the entire 60k miles. Also it doesn't empty very well (I can hear lots of sloshing around if I shake it, but nothing comes out).

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think I have an oil leak coming from my check valve on my stage to catch can from JBR. I noticed no other catch can kits have a check valve; it even worth keeping the check valve? I am thinking about getting a different kit. It hardly catches anything. I have 60k miles and I doubt I have caught more then a cups worth over the entire 60k miles. Also it doesn't empty very well (I can hear lots of sloshing around if I shake it, but nothing comes out).
Post pictures, I'm curious.
I have the Damond OCC which doesn't have any check valve. How often do you empty?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post pictures, I'm curious.
I have the Damond OCC which doesn't have any check valve. How often do you empty?
20161009_123328.jpg

Thats after cleaning. Still some residue. There was a big spot on my skid plate, and it had been pushed back, got the whole oil pan covered. I was really concerned my engine was about to explode until I found this. As best as I can tell thats where its coming from.

Looks like the new Damond kits come with a check valve. I think Ill order their stage 3 and add the 2nd OCC..

·
Registered
195 Posts
View attachment 170529

Thats after cleaning. Still some residue. There was a big spot on my skid plate, and it had been pushed back, got the whole oil pan covered. I was really concerned my engine was about to explode until I found this. As best as I can tell thats where its coming from.

Looks like the new Damond kits come with a check valve. I think Ill order their stage 3 and add the 2nd OCC..
I lied, mine has the check valve, lol.
Well no leaks so far...
If you get the stage 2 it basically becomes a stage 3. Is you JBR occ mounted by the symposer?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it is mounted closer to the driver wheel.. I am going to relocate to the sound symposer and delete it the symposer though

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Okay, Im a bit concerned.. I just ran the car with the drain valve on the occ open.. I was trying to get the stuff that was in there out. I did that! I alot of opaque brown crap came out, along with some oil and condensation, but now my car is shooting out gray smoke from the tailpipe! What did I do?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts