Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to swap out a couple of "easily" changeable parts today. Both were a bit more of a PITA than I anticipated.

I watched a Youtube video of a guy swapping out the induction hose for a Mountune one and I must admit, I wish I'd have gone w/that one. Not that there is anything wrong w/the JBR, but the Mountune has some die cuts and a flared end that would make for a nicer install. The JBR is straight gauge and has no die cuts. Also, the hose clamps that come with it are solid and nice, but the bolt extends through the nut making a socket unable to tighten. I went with the stock hose clamps instead.

One question, the OEM filter has the end blocked off, the green filter does not, is that going to be an issue?

Here are the pix:
Comparison photo of the OEM vs Green filter:
IMG_8772.jpg

Stock box, filter removed: (the battery cover is removed to aid in accessing the hose clamp on the induction hose)
IMG_8773.jpg

Induction hose removed:
IMG_8774.jpg

Glamour shot of my symposer delete:
IMG_8775.jpg

Comparison photo of OEM vs JBR induction hose:
IMG_8776.jpg

I had to remove whatever this is called in order to get the new induction hose connected:
IMG_8777.jpg

Hose clamp that came with the JBR induction hose, bolt sticking through nut and it wasn't even tight on the hose yet:
IMG_8778.jpg

Just a shot of the induction hose installed:
IMG_8780.jpg

A shot of the OEM filter (displaying closed end) vs the Green filter's open end:
IMG_8782.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a shot of it all put back together:
IMG_8788.jpg

If you are going to change the induction hose, take off the engine cover and remove that long air intake piece. It will make removal of the OEM induction hose a lot easier to remove and install.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Curious, how much was that scrap piece of silicone hose coupler?

Reactions: djdorq

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just looked it up- $55 for the silicone elbow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Green Filter also sells a cap to close off the end of the filter (I think it was ~$10). I bought it when I installed the Velossa Tech big mouth. You lose some of the sound, but not all of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts