Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a place I can get jack pads that fit our car? Everyone would always recommend the ZL1 jack pads but it doesn't look like they have them anymore.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
i use wood, they are cheaper, like, free, as in laying around

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just bought some cheap rubber ones off amazon and cut them to fit.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have bought generic ones that are a real hard rubber that look like a hockey puck with a groove cut out. They work pretty good. After installing the jacking rails though, I wouldn't do it any other way.

Reactions: JedzST2

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
+1 on Steeda jacking rails. I actually still use the ZL1 jack pad to lift the car so I can put the jack stand on the part of the jacking rail that I would use to lift. Makes life a ton easier. It is worth it to get a universal one though. I use my ZL1 jack pad to lift my wife's Traverse on the pinch welds as well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have bought generic ones that are a real hard rubber that look like a hockey puck with a groove cut out. They work pretty good. After installing the jacking rails though, I wouldn't do it any other way.
Will a hockey puck work? (real one so doesn't have groove) without a groove will it slide off when you jack up the sides of the car? (sides near doors with arrows, since it's a thin piece of metal) Will it also work in other areas of jacking points?

Awhile ago read that hockey puck will work, so got one but never had the need to work on the car, then recently I took a look at the jacking points by the doors and not sure if puck will work well.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
You'd need to cut a groove in a hockey puck to make it cradle the pinch weld. By the time you get the groove deep enough, you've practically cut the puck in half, rendering it useless.
Do yourself a favor and get the Steeda bolt-in jacking rails.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just pick something off Amazon. I ordered this jack pad and it worked well, it actually held itself magnetically to the pinch molding.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MG9CNUX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah I just wanted to find a universal one that fit. If these worked for you I'll order them too, thanks.
Do those still work good for you guys? Pretty durable? Gonna get 4 for the quickjack.

This one is a little cheaper but pretty much all the same I think https://www.amazon.com/Byenins-Slot...073SR1TW2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

·
Registered
3,651 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that "Jacking Rails" don't fall with in the budget of many owners. Or are hard to justify if you don't plan on making use of them often.

I would have never thought that "jacking rails" would have found justifiable way into my "tool wants/needs". But after installing a pair on my 2017 Ecoboost Mustang, I transferred them on to my 2018 GT. I used them much more often than I would have ever thought.

Before the "jacking rails" I did look at the great number of "jacking pucks" available. My answer was to use my floor jack and fold a few layers of cardboard over then place on the cup of the floor to protect the paint finish, and allow the pinch weld to settle into the cardboard cushion.

For what it's worth, even after installing the "jacking rails" I still use at least two layers of cardboard to protect the finish of the "rails".

The above is what I have personally used in the past with great results, however your results and experiences my vary. Doesn't matter what method you use, if you don't use your brain and common sense then all bets are off.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I just use these: jack pads.
Can use them a few times and are cheap, thats a lot of these pads for the price of a set of jacking rails.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.