Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a floor jack in preparation of swapping out my snow tires (hopefully soon). I searched around and saw a few things on jack pads from a few years ago, but nothing lately. Some of the links on the old threads were for products no longer available.

Is there a consensus go-to jack pad by now for a 2016?

Does anyone know if this one will work? My understanding is that some of the "universal" ones out there were not compatible with the ST.

Thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just bought a floor jack in preparation of swapping out my snow tires (hopefully soon). I searched around and saw a few things on jack pads from a few years ago, but nothing lately. Some of the links on the old threads were for products no longer available.

Is there a consensus go-to jack pad by now for a 2016?

Does anyone know if this one will work? My understanding is that some of the "universal" ones out there were not compatible with the ST.

Thanks
Have you thought about the Steeda bolt on jacking rails?

I understand if you just want the pads. I just brought this up because many do not even know about them. Let me tell you, when using jack stands, these are a god sent. Enough room to jack the car and put the stands in with plenty of room. Also, if you use a good jack, the entire side lifts up instead of having to jack the front on one side and then the back.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use a hockey puck with a slot cut into it

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update:
I bought the ZL1 Addons 1070 jack pad through amazon. I was a little disappointed because it wasn't available through Prime, but at $25, it was only $35 delivered, which is cheaper than their website price of $38.99 + S&H. Also, for once the item I received actually looks better than the pictured item. I was resigned to settling for the "old version". I haven't checked fitment yet, but don't expect any issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think I drove almost a week before I noticed mine was still on the car

Eric

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Pinch Weld Adapter

I have access to a lift, and plan on using it to lift my new Focus ST to do normal things like tire rotations, brake pad swaps etc. I searched these forums and many others trying to get a definitive answer on where Ford intended these cars to be supported when in for service, but the only real answer I have seen is to use the factory pinch welds to lift and support the car.

Looking at the pinch weld and the adjacent areas, there is not much room for my go-to slotted hockey puck (unless I'm OK with bending and possibly breaking the edges of the factory side skirts (I'm not)). I carefully measured the pinch weld and it's really close to 1" deep (maybe a little less- but it seems to be slightly deeper on the outside of the rail than it is on the inside, but maybe that is just my mediocre measuring skills revealing themselves). I looked at all of the aluminum pinch weld adapters available, and none of them are even close to 1" deep. Does that matter, or should the sides of the adapter be even with the area of the pinch weld where it meets the floor? (which I believe is how the factory jack fits the car)

I went ahead and made these out of hockey pucks (since I have about 20 sitting around that I use for lifting cars), being careful to remove as little rubber as possible to reduce the chance of them tearing. Am I removing too much rubber trying to match the depth of the pinch weld (again, which is about one inch deep)? View attachment 345557

Edit: I tried to attach an image but I don't see it showing up in the thread. I clicked "Go Advanced" and attached the image inline but I'm not sure why it's not showing up... View attachment 345557

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts