Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've yet to actually get a symposer delete kit, but I read that you could unplug the wiring harness from it and accomplish mostly the same thing. However, after unplugging it and tying it out of the way, as soon as I started the car I noticed that my engine was making a chugging noise that was really only noticeable when the car was idling. Almost like a big diesel truck but quieter. I also didn't notice any less noise inside the cabin. Any ideas about what this could be? Is this what it sounds like you just REMOVE the symposer?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The valve must be stuck open. I have a delete on mine but the car at idle sounds like it has a cam almost and chugs a little but I assume that's normal as I have seen others that do it and I have an exhaust on mine

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The valve must be stuck open. I have a delete on mine but the car at idle sounds like it has a cam almost and chugs a little but I assume that's normal as I have seen others that do it and I have an exhaust on mine

That must be it, but it's very strange to me. The car was off and had been off for several hours when I went and unhooked the harness. I would've assumed that if the car was off, the valve was shut. Because doesn't it only open at around 3k-4.5k RPM?

·
Registered
344 Posts
find the pipe that goes into the fire wall and pull out off the fire wall, this will eliminate the sound of valve being stuck open. If the valve is stuck open the sound won't reach your cabin, if it isn't and the noise is still there then something else is the issue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That must be it, but it's very strange to me. The car was off and had been off for several hours when I went and unhooked the harness. I would've assumed that if the car was off, the valve was shut. Because doesn't it only open at around 3k-4.5k RPM?
It's not uncommon for electrical valves to get stuck in a certain position. I had a 2008 focus a few year back and the throttle plate stuck open and I had to replace it. Also my shutters on my st stuck closed and overheated my car. No more shutters. Try plugging it back in and drive it then unplug it at idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts