Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm a new user here and wanted to introduce myself. I've been coming here reading the forums for sometime to get a few ideas on things to do with my 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST. I bought it new in June 2014 and ended up going with the ST2 trim. Its been a blast to drive the last three years, but its now out of warranty and nearly paid off. I think I'm going to hold on to it for a few more years and make some mods (which I'm a complete NOOB on). I've never altered components before in my vehicles, but I'm hoping this will be a fun learning experience.

The ST is my daily driver and I'm looking to add some extra punch to it. I purchased the Ford Performance Focus ST calibration, plugs and CAI and am having it installed next Wednesday. Unexpectedly, the folks I bought the Ford Performance package from accidently sent me another KN Filter with Focus RS intake box. When I called the place I bought it from they told me to keep the extras and use it on my ST if I want. So, I've been looking around the forums here at threads where people have swapped out their filter boxes for the RS box or used the RS box lid.

Do any of you see a problem with using the Calibration, plug and CAI from Ford Performance and using the lid of the RS filter box with stock filter box? As I said I'm a noob. Would love to have some feedback. I'll be glad to start a thread somewhere else on FocusST.org if I need to.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
651 Posts

I'm a new user here and wanted to introduce myself. I've been coming here reading the forums for sometime to get a few ideas on things to do with my 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST. I bought it new in June 2014 and ended up going with the ST2 trim. Its been a blast to drive the last three years, but its now out of warranty and nearly paid off. I think I'm going to hold on to it for a few more years and make some mods (which I'm a complete NOOB on). I've never altered components before in my vehicles, but I'm hoping this will be a fun learning experience.

The ST is my daily driver and I'm looking to add some extra punch to it. I purchased the Ford Performance Focus ST calibration, plugs and CAI and am having it installed next Wednesday. Unexpectedly, the folks I bought the Ford Performance package from accidently sent me another KN Filter with Focus RS intake box. When I called the place I bought it from they told me to keep the extras and use it on my ST if I want. So, I've been looking around the forums here at threads where people have swapped out their filter boxes for the RS box or used the RS box lid.

Do any of you see a problem with using the Calibration, plug and CAI from Ford Performance and using the lid of the RS filter box with stock filter box? As I said I'm a noob. Would love to have some feedback. I'll be glad to start a thread somewhere else on FocusST.org if I need to.

Thanks,

Josh
Welcome! No, you should be fine to swap that out with the RS box if you wanted to. You should do all of these installs yourself. Use Youtube if you have to. Good place to start is a CAI and everyone should know how to replace spark plugs. We're here for you if you need help.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
As DeadlyBreakdown stated you'll be fine utilizing all those parts.
You should definitely look into doing it yourself, you'll find you're paying money for something you can do yourself with minimal tools in under 30 min.

·
Registered
226 Posts

Thanks,

Josh
I would suggest you look into all the options for getting a better shift feel. There are quite a few that are relatively easy and make a huge driving difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts