Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
well sh!t... thanks for the heads up, i had no idea. Assumed it worked the same way.

I wonder how you update maps... possibly a whole new update?
There hasn't been any updates that I have seen, but Ford has mentioned it will be an updated available to the system. Considering it's taken over a year to get the Sync3 update for non 2017s it may not be the best system.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My plan of buying this car as an every day driver, kid and dog hauler, has already backfired on me. I'm looking at beater jeep cherokees and pick-ups so I don't have to drive it in the snow and put a muddy dog in it...I bought a big camping blanket thats moisture proof that covers the backs of the seats and the whole back of the car. Its big enough to where i can fold it over the bumper. Still, I don't want it getting messed up.
Also, just found out about the ST Octane Academy......looking at flights and schedule now.
I feel your pain lol. I was in the same boat dog show and all. Bought myself a nice XJ . so now the dog and the snow are taken care of. The ST remains clean?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sync3 updates over wifi if you set that up. It'll update while your car is in the garage. In the case where you need to manually update (those of us 2016 owners who didn't get pushed the 2.2 update in a timely manner), you can download the Sync 3 software, put it on a USB, then start the car up and have it flash from USB. Not sure about flashing over the same version to reinstall since I just did the upgrade, but aside from trying to find a USB drive and file system that it liked to read, it was quite simple. If you search you should be able to find the software downloads on a few different forums.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I couldn't help myself. I went on the Mountune site and started clicking, got distracted and closed the site down. Later on, I got an e-mail saying I left stuff in my cart and if I came back and ordered, I'd save 15%..I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I had already ordered the Green filter so I bought the intake tube and filter cap. Took about 15 mins yesterday to install and put a big smile on my face. I've got the cap off for now, but the other day when I ordered it it was a monsoon outside. I'm keeping the cap in the center console for now and if things really get nasty, ill put it on.
I don't know if its just the sound and being able to hear the turbo spool, or if it actually is spooling up quicker. Either way, i think I made a good decision for a "First Mod". IMG_6120.JPG

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I couldn't help myself. I went on the Mountune site and started clicking, got distracted and closed the site down. Later on, I got an e-mail saying I left stuff in my cart and if I came back and ordered, I'd save 15%..I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I had already ordered the Green filter so I bought the intake tube and filter cap. Took about 15 mins yesterday to install and put a big smile on my face. I've got the cap off for now, but the other day when I ordered it it was a monsoon outside. I'm keeping the cap in the center console for now and if things really get nasty, ill put it on.
I don't know if its just the sound and being able to hear the turbo spool, or if it actually is spooling up quicker. Either way, i think I made a good decision for a "First Mod". View attachment 237929
the mountune intake looks great for sure...wish it made power though especially for what it costs. :-(

I run my filter capped in the summer so my snorkel can feed cold air, and open ended in the winter. Its worked great for me over the last couple years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What to do next??
Intake and filter are done, fog light bulbs swapped for something that matches, windows tinted. As far as performance, where too next?
Got a little "found money" to play with. Considering either a FMIC, tuner, or exhaust. Wondering what the best next step would be. Looking at the CP-E lightweight FMIC or the mountune and the accessport. Also, the mountune or ford racing exhaust as I want something mellow.
I know I'm going to get different answers, just wondering your thoughts. I've got 3k on the car and would like to keep it reliable and comfortable as it's my EDD.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts