Ford Focus ST Forum banner

641 - 660 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
That makes sense to a point, but STD correction plus 5% is odd. Normal correction is SAE, as STD most often gives a higher reading.

Plus actual barometric pressure at the dyno location currently is 29.92, which is actually standard atmosphere pressure exactly, the number to which dynos are normally calibrated. No change should have been required.

The tech should be able to convert the run to SAE numbers, which would give us a better gauge for improvement. Unless the previous baseline Si did was using the same STD and barometer settings, then it is valid as a measurement of improvement.
Easy enough to fix:
Your Results May Vary. Lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm doing the same. The stock is preloaded to 8 so go 10-12.
Yeah, the guys at Forge told me to go wigh the yellow spring, which is the second spring. It comes with a gredn one which is same as stock. You may want to see if they can swap it. I had to buy the spring kit, which comes with all the springs.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
Yeah, the guys at Forge told me to go wigh the yellow spring, which is the second spring. It comes with a gredn one which is same as stock. You may want to see if they can swap it. I had to buy the spring kit, which comes with all the springs.
Same here. Make sure you order all new gaskets. The oil returns are one time use. I didn't get a new oil line and had no issues

·
Registered
454 Posts
The best part is your missing some bolt on's that might help gain you another 10hp

intercooler piping kit, throttle body spacer, intake manifold or spacer, etc

edit oh and removing the CAT - but i understand CALI!!!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
That makes sense to a point, but STD correction plus 5% is odd. Normal correction is SAE, as STD most often gives a higher reading.

Plus actual barometric pressure at the dyno location currently is 29.92, which is actually standard atmosphere pressure exactly, the number to which dynos are normally calibrated. No change should have been required.

The tech should be able to convert the run to SAE numbers, which would give us a better gauge for improvement. Unless the previous baseline Si did was using the same STD and barometer settings, then it is valid as a measurement of improvement.
20.jpg
25.jpg
this dyno is know as a stingy dyno around these parts.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The best part is your missing some bolt on's that might help gain you another 10hp

intercooler piping kit, throttle body spacer, intake manifold or spacer, etc
Cheaper to just add a few gallons of E and get +25HP...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ok, so the stocker turbo mod is good for about 300 horses and some stump pulling torque. People then have to decide whether to go modified stock with high boost or go GTX/EFR with lower boost (300-325hp). The modded stocker will have less lag and more torque down low, but lots of boost has a price, namely high cylinder pressures and temps. Long - term I'd be inclined to run the smallest EFR or gtx2863/7 at 18-20 psi, but the modified K03 gives folks another excellent option.

·
Vendor
1,840 Posts

No. On several counts.
The Altimeter reading directly from KVNY METAR data is 29.95 inHg.
The altitude of the station is 978ft.

According to this station pressure calculator that puts the barometric reading 28.91 inHg.

The reading you see on weather channels is not the correct reading. They only report MSLP and Altimeter generally. Go look at Denver. They're located over a mile up. You think their pressure is really 29.96in. Hg? The answer is no. Their altimeter reading is 30.11in. Hg right now, and with that calculator, at an altitude of 5431ft, indicates a station pressure of 24.65 in.Hg.

Read up on this stuff here:
NOAA Pressure Definitions.

Both STD and SAE corrections call for the station pressure. The pressure on the charts is thus correct.
STD is used instead of SAE on turbo cars generally at most shops.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I think running this modified turbo at 20-22 will still give you a nice increase in HP and the torque curve is nearly flat, which surely beats the stock K03. If you drive like a sane person for the most part, and just use the extra power/torque occasionally, I see no reason why it won't last. Racing it to redline all the time, driving like an idiot, on the other hand, will likely kill it in short order, but the same can be said for the stock one as well I would bet. For today's dyno, the boost was lowered down to 23-24 PSI I believe, and it only dropped to 17-18 at the top end.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I think running this modified turbo at 20-22 will still give you a nice increase in HP and the torque curve is nearly flat, which surely beats the stock K03. If you drive like a sane person for the most part, and just use the extra power/torque occasionally, I see no reason why it won't last. Racing it to redline all the time, driving like an idiot, on the other hand, will likely kill it in short order, but the same can be said for the stock one as well I would bet.
This would be exactly my plan if I went this route in the future.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Would really like to see solid number with a full bolt-on (catless dp) on 93 at about 22-23 psi.

Great numbers man!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Seeing numbers with 100 octane or that E with all those mods too would be nice.

I'm thinking possible 320-330/400

641 - 660 of 950 Posts