Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted and I have no idea where this would fit best.

I bought my 2016 FoST used in May of 2018, with a couple of small mods (muffler delete and BOV, non-stock exhaust tips, ghetto wing riser) that were mostly cosmetic. I didn't realize when I bought it that it had a previous tune on it - I had never driven an ST before, and I fell in love with the car to the point that I jokingly test drove it one day and then went back to buy it 2 days later. I have done a couple of things to it myself, including an aftermarket intercooler and Stratified tune. I scheduled my car for the recall service for the collapsing fuel tank and unmarried my AP in preparation.

When I took it to the dealer, they did a couple of things and then realized they can't complete the recall - the PCM is locked due to the previous tune reinstalling as "stock" when I unmarried my AP. I have no idea what to do now. Has anybody dealt with a previously tuned car where the PO didn't unmarry? Any ideas for how to fix this so I can get the recall completed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's weird. When I bought my car it had a tune on it but it didn't come with an AP. I took it into the dealer for the recall and they just flashed it back to factory. Never heard of it doing that.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted and I have no idea where this would fit best.

I bought my 2016 FoST used in May of 2018, with a couple of small mods (muffler delete and BOV, non-stock exhaust tips, ghetto wing riser) that were mostly cosmetic. I didn't realize when I bought it that it had a previous tune on it - I had never driven an ST before, and I fell in love with the car to the point that I jokingly test drove it one day and then went back to buy it 2 days later. I have done a couple of things to it myself, including an aftermarket intercooler and Stratified tune. I scheduled my car for the recall service for the collapsing fuel tank and unmarried my AP in preparation.

When I took it to the dealer, they did a couple of things and then realized they can't complete the recall - the PCM is locked due to the previous tune reinstalling as "stock" when I unmarried my AP. I have no idea what to do now. Has anybody dealt with a previously tuned car where the PO didn't unmarry? Any ideas for how to fix this so I can get the recall completed?
Are you talking about the gas tank deformation recall?

My car was tuned when I bought it, took it in for the recall and they reflashed the car to stock while it was tuned, removing said tune. I have no idea what is going on in your case.

Try re-pairing your accessport, then unpairing again. Maybe something got screwed up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Unrelated to the tune issue, but the only issue I've ever had with a recall was when i brought my 14' ST into a local Ford dealer to have the tps wiring fixed under recall. Mind you the car was bone stock, and only had a green filter drop in at the time, that dealer decided to charge me a diagnostic fee for a scheduled recall because the service writer was trying to blame the stalling and cel on my drop in filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts