Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of headlights for my 17 ST that I can use to begin/attempt a retrofit. Aftermarket would actually be best to avoid dealing with the permaseal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking for a set of headlights for my 17 ST that I can use to begin/attempt a retrofit. Aftermarket would actually be best to avoid dealing with the permaseal.
I might be trading in my ST for an RS. But I have the ST2 projector headlights that I got from eBay. I would be willing to sell them to you. They're brand new in the box. They were going to go on my ST1. IMG_0772.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm well I was hoping to save money by getting used ones, how much do you want for them? There are lots on Ebay obviously so I'm trying to find cheaper than that lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmmm well I was hoping to save money by getting used ones, how much do you want for them? There are lots on Ebay obviously so I'm trying to find cheaper than that lol
I believe people on here are saying retro fitting isn't worth it. The oem housing is difficult to take apart. It'll most likely be easier and cheaper to buy these headlights. I'm looking $600 for my set, new! These are $640 on eBay but I just want $600 and free shipping. Oem st1 headlights would run anywhere from $450 used, st2 minimum $950.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking to spend half that. Buying a new pair off you for slightly cheaper than just buying from the actual seller completely defeats the purpose lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, per my original post, I said I preferred used aftermarket headlights for that very reason. I know that won't be as easy to take on, which is why I'm looking for an alternative! Plus, in case I do mess up, I'd rather still have my stock set just in case lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Go ahead and retro fit st1 headlights. Let me know if it was worth it verses buying the knock off st2 projector headlights from eBay.

100% worth it. I have an ST3 and the projector headlights suck. An MH17.0 projector destroys them.

I would trade my ST3 lights for ST1 lights so I can retrofit them in a heartbeat.

Ive been doing retrofits for years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go ahead and retro fit st1 headlights. Let me know if it was worth it verses buying the knock off st2 projector headlights from eBay.

100% worth it. I have an ST3 and the projector headlights suck. An MH17.0 projector destroys them.

I would trade my ST3 lights for ST1 lights so I can retrofit them in a heartbeat.

Where are you located? If you're serious about it I'd be willing to come to you within reason and swap you. Mine are like brand new with about 5k miles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Why haven't you done your own then? But also, do you have any tips for me since you have lots of experience? I'm getting help from some guys from Headlight Junkies, but I think my first step is figuring out what housings to use. Hence this post lol

·
Registered
13 Posts

Well, if you've been doing retro fits for years, then it should be cake for you. To others, it may not be worth it imo. I sure couldn't do it. I'm picky about perfection. I would send you my eBay st2 headlights and my stock headlights for your st3 headlights. Both my pairs are new. Lol IMG_0775.JPG

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where are you located? If you're serious about it I'd be willing to come to you within reason and swap you. Mine are like brand new with about 5k miles.
Jacksonville Florida.

Why haven't you done your own then? But also, do you have any tips for me since you have lots of experience? I'm getting help from some guys from Headlight Junkies, but I think my first step is figuring out what housings to use. Hence this post lol
I need ST1 headlights to retrofit. I loved headlight junkies but was banned for no reason.. HIDPlanet is very helpful. Permaseal is a PITA but not impossible.

Well, if you've been doing retro fits for years, then it should be cake for you. To others, it may not be worth it imo. I sure couldn't do it. I'm picky about perfection. I would send you my eBay st2 headlights and my stock headlights for your st3 headlights. Both my pairs are new. Lol View attachment 231625

The hardest part is opening them and getting the rotation perfect. But other than that its pretty easy.

What do you want for your stock ST1 headlights? My car is my DD and I drive at dark every day so I need to keep my headlights until I finish the retrofit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jacksonville Florida.

I need ST1 headlights to retrofit. I loved headlight junkies but was banned for no reason.. HIDPlanet is very helpful. Permaseal is a PITA but not impossible.

The hardest part is opening them and getting the rotation perfect. But other than that its pretty easy.

What do you want for your stock ST1 headlights? My car is my DD and I drive at dark every day so I need to keep my headlights until I finish the retrofit.
They're sitting in a box ready to ship l. I'll take $300 and I'll cover half of shipping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They're sitting in a box ready to ship l. I'll take $300 and I'll cover half of shipping.

Way to hijack my thread hahaha

But anyway, Popwarhomie, why do you need ST1 headlights to retrofit? Why not do them with your already projector headlights? Wouldn't that be easier?

·
Registered
13 Posts

But anyway, Popwarhomie, why do you need ST1 headlights to retrofit? Why not do them with your already projector headlights? Wouldn't that be easier?
Lol I'm so sorry! I didn't realize! Well I have brand new st1 for $300, half shipping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol I'm so sorry! I didn't realize! Well I have brand new st1 for $300, half shipping.

lol it's cool man I was just playing. So you're saying you're selling your set of ST1 headlights for $300? Do you have another pair or something?

·
Registered
13 Posts
lol it's cool man I was just playing. So you're saying you're selling your set of ST1 headlights for $300? Do you have another pair or something?
Yes, I bought the eBay st2 projector headlights. So my ST1 headlights are in boxes and I'll sell them for $300. Here are my new lights.

·
Registered
113 Posts

No one has opened them up yet to see if you can even fit a different projector. Plus they are adaptive headlights so that would also be hard to work with when swapping projectors. I don't want to open them up being they are stupid expensive to replace and I don't have a backup set. I just want a set of black ST1 headlights to pop in a MD2S 4.0 projector.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts