Ford Focus ST Forum banner
2501 - 2515 of 2515 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed a few people worth the same problem that I just had yesterday. My car all of a sudden stuffers drops Rpms then dies at a busy stoplight right when it turned green lol. Anyway my cel is on and I'm experiencing a lot of the same things as others with this same problem taking it to the dealer today but I called and they said they don't provide a loaner while it gets fixed so I'm pretty pissed that a car with 2200 miles on it is already faulting, I love this car too much for it to be a lemon! I'll keep this posted with updates
Ford dealers are known wanker shops. They act as if they are doing you a favor when you bring your loved ST to their cranky pants dealerships. They should take a lesson from HONDA when it comes to customer service!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Okay I really need to dig this thread up ASAP. I recently, did a built engine and trans swap. I removed the entire harness etc, sense the first log I ever took I did have a little bit of knock but nothing serious. A few weeks later my radium perm plate pcv failed and pissed oil into my intake. This had also coated my MAP sensor in oil. Some after getting this mess cleaned up and using MAP cleaner to clean my sensor I took the car out made a pull I picked up 5 counts of knock. Then on the next log I picked up 0 counts. The next day I went out and made a pull and I had 4 counts of knock. Then it went away again but some times I’ll randomly pick up 3counts of knock. Now I know noise vibrations can cause issues etc. How ever I’m recently experiencing weird idle surges with the car when I push in the clutch or after I restart the car if I shut it off to order food. It’s like the car idle shoots up really high then dips down extremely low and almost stalls out.

now before someone says I’ve got a bad motor. I know for a fact my engine isn’t damage it passed a compression test with flying colors. There is no audible sounds of any ticking or knocking aside from the HPFP.
I’ve even had the oil pan off and inspected everything before this engine was dropped into the car. I’ve also made sure the knock sensors are properly torqued down so they are not getting inaccurate readings. And I know for a fact I have nothing going on that could be causing false knock. I’m using the same solid mounts, same fly wheel clutch, bsd delete and baffle that I used on my stock motor that had 0 knock across the board. And from past experiences with other boosted cars I know that a failing MAP will causes idle issues, detonation and or false readings to other sensors.
So my question is how common are harness and or sensor issues with the 15 ST? Also has any one experienced these issues without throwing a map or lean code ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my map sensor replaced the one on the intercooler. I went to go pick the car up and it says engine error service engine soon. While the car is running it sounds rough give it a bit of gas and sounds like im shooting a gun once i let off the gas car dies immediately wondering what it could be

·
Registered
2 Posts
While DRIVING TODAY!
Hello all!! Please help me!! This is an EMERGENCY! I have had my car for almost 3 years. Bright it with 52,000 miles and I now have 73,000 miles and have never once had ANY issues with my car at all!!! All of a sudden, while driving on the highway, I noticed all the cars passing me and then my car ideling and then it shut off and I coasted to the side of the road. The car would not turn back on and after sitting there for a few minutes, it turned back on with the CHECK ENGINE light on, which has never been on before! I drove for 2 miles and the same exact thing happened again. Then it started back up and I drove another 2 miles and it did it again! It happened 3 times in less than 6 miles and luckily I was able to make it to my hotel! I am staying in Albany NY as a traveling home care nurse, RN and have lots of patients to see in the morning and my car is too dangerous to drive or might not even come back on! I’m 2 hours from home and am literally STUCK!!
someone PLEASE HELP ME!! I see there are lots of recalls for this car, which none I regret, I have not had the time to get done but now this!!!
I’m desperate here. Please help!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
^I would call a tow truck(flat bed) and get it towed to the nearset ford dealer. Get a loner or rental car in the mean time. I don’t think any advice would help in your situation. Some insurance covers towing also.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
715 Posts
Cpv recall, you developed a vacuum in the tank...wow I never actually saw this happen before but now to see it for real is very scary, I'm glad I got this done asap on my car when they announce it. Yikes

The main thing is to not panic and remain calm. Call whoever is in charge of you and tell them the situation. Call a tow and have it taken to ford. And take an uber to get your job done. Ford will have it fixed very fast the dealers usually keep the cpv valves in stock.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
715 Posts
Okay I really need to dig this thread up ASAP. I recently, did a built engine and trans swap. I removed the entire harness etc, sense the first log I ever took I did have a little bit of knock but nothing serious. A few weeks later my radium perm plate pcv failed and pissed oil into my intake. This had also coated my MAP sensor in oil. Some after getting this mess cleaned up and using MAP cleaner to clean my sensor I took the car out made a pull I picked up 5 counts of knock. Then on the next log I picked up 0 counts. The next day I went out and made a pull and I had 4 counts of knock. Then it went away again but some times I’ll randomly pick up 3counts of knock. Now I know noise vibrations can cause issues etc. How ever I’m recently experiencing weird idle surges with the car when I push in the clutch or after I restart the car if I shut it off to order food. It’s like the car idle shoots up really high then dips down extremely low and almost stalls out.

now before someone says I’ve got a bad motor. I know for a fact my engine isn’t damage it passed a compression test with flying colors. There is no audible sounds of any ticking or knocking aside from the HPFP.
I’ve even had the oil pan off and inspected everything before this engine was dropped into the car. I’ve also made sure the knock sensors are properly torqued down so they are not getting inaccurate readings. And I know for a fact I have nothing going on that could be causing false knock. I’m using the same solid mounts, same fly wheel clutch, bsd delete and baffle that I used on my stock motor that had 0 knock across the board. And from past experiences with other boosted cars I know that a failing MAP will causes idle issues, detonation and or false readings to other sensors.
So my question is how common are harness and or sensor issues with the 15 ST? Also has any one experienced these issues without throwing a map or lean code ?
Chances are that map sensor that got covered in oil is bad, and there is probably a little oil on all the other sensors in the intake, I would clean them all again, wipe out as much of the inside of the entire intake system as you can with cleaner and a new microfiber. If you still have issues you may need to replace the sensors...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 2017 Focus brand new. Now all the sudden it stalls. Took it to the dealership was told it was the BMC that needed reset. Was fixed, same day taking it home it did it again. Bout to drive it the river!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,878 Posts
Bought a 2017 Focus brand new. Now all the sudden it stalls. Took it to the dealership was told it was the BMC that needed reset. Was fixed, same day taking it home it did it again. Bout to drive it the river!
Welcome to the site.
Please take a moment to read this and start a new post in the discussion thread. The more information the better we can help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can anyone help? the previous owner had the recall done by ford in 2016 its a 2013 st atm and it does stall out still sometimes after replacing my purge valve. My afr all over the place and i threw a code p0131 gonna replace 02 sensors is there any other wire splices to be fixed? besides the tsb ones

·
Registered
686 Posts
I hope one of the senior members will help out soon, but in the mean-time; Have you looked at your spark plugs? I had no idea how bad these engines abuse spark plugs: Changed @ 20,000 miles with TONS of scorch marks! Helped me understand why Ford Performance goes to 2-step colder plugs with only their tune and a new filter...

Maybe the O2 sensor is out... Check the voltage, if you can. If not; The sensors are not cheap. Depends on your mileage I guess. Hopefully you can scope in on the issue with some additional info here.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Found this: Code P0131

The solution there was faulty wiring. Hopefully yours is more straight forward.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hope one of the senior members will help out soon, but in the mean-time; Have you looked at your spark plugs? I had no idea how bad these engines abuse spark plugs: Changed @ 20,000 miles with TONS of scorch marks! Helped me understand why Ford Performance goes to 2-step colder plugs with only their tune and a new filter...

Maybe the O2 sensor is out... Check the voltage, if you can. If not; The sensors are not cheap. Depends on your mileage I guess. Hopefully you can scope in on the issue with some additional info here.
i ordered the ngk 1 step colder sparkplugs just waiting on next time i get an oil change to do them which should be next mont i ordered a bosch OE 02 sensor as well the tsb for wire harness was done but if both of those don't fix i might go into the harness myself to fix all seven splices

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey!

Thanks for this thread. My 63plate (2013) focus st has just started having the same intermittent stalling and rev idling issues as described throughout this post. 37K miles. Yes low mileage for a 13 plate but the last owner lived in London and didn't use it very much...

Ford dealership straight away suggested its faulty wiring so I'm hoping that's it. I'll be sure to let them know about the wires suggested in previous posts - will keep you updated on my progress... fingers crossed.

BK

2501 - 2515 of 2515 Posts