Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Installed the Boomba bov and the valve is actuating too often so I'm going to use the vacuum source at my symposer delete plate. My question is this because I don't feel like having to access the bov if I can do it this way if I can. Does the vacuum line that is attached to the bpv or bov go directly to the solenoid on top of the engine? If so I am thinking about taking the vacuum line from the solenoid and use a barbed coupler to attach it to a hose and run it to a vacuum valve at the symposer delete. Then cap off the solenoid. Is this possible? It would save time jacking , removing wheel and working in a tight spot.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Yes you can for sure. Just run a short 1/4 vacuum line from the Symposer delete to the plastic line from the solenoid. Its the one on the right side of it. Here's a crude drawing

017.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can for sure. Just run a short 1/4 vacuum line from the Symposer delete to the plastic line from the solenoid. Its the one on the right side of it. Here's a crude drawing

[iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=243826&d=1423071465"]
[/iurl]
just curious as to why I haven't seen anyone suggesting just going from the symposer to the vacuum tube on top like in the diagram? Is reusing the tubing to go to the symposer going to make a difference?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=243826&d=1423071465"]
[/iurl]
here's what I did. It's just for testing purposes for now. I don't notice a decrease in how often the bov actuates but at lower speeds it's not as loud. The hose is 7/32 but the inside diameter is much larger than the original hose. I bought it at AutoZone. It says on it windshield and vacuum hose.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts