Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CLICK

The seats in that car don't look like oem to me.. I've been shopping for a used st for nearly two months now and ive noticed every seat has the ST logo , these don't ..is that correc?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I disagree, if they put titanium seats they would be powered, those are clearly manual. I think it's more likely the previous owner had a company install leather on the ST1 seats. That would fulfill the lack of ST logo, and lack of power buttons on the side of the seat. Even the Focus SE leather seats are powered on the driver's side so that's the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I disagree, if they put titanium seats they would be powered, those are clearly manual. I think it's more likely the previous owner had a company install leather on the ST1 seats. That would fulfill the lack of ST logo, and lack of power buttons on the side of the seat. Even the Focus SE leather seats are powered on the driver's side so that's the only thing I can think of.
Good point and I agree. I was generalizing when I said Titanium seats... they definitely look like a ford seat covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have a 2013 ST1; those look like leather covers to me and are not ST2 nor ST3 seats.

The price increase ST1 > ST2 to get the partial leather Recaros was like $2,200, and to go from ST1 > ST3 to get the full leather Recaros was more than $4K. Maybe the owner wanted leather and had some covers made, or maybe you can get leather in the Focus Titanium (dunno) and he just did a seat swap.

Regardless those are not original ST1 seats as is.

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Katzkin is a company that does aftermarket leather and they do a great job of making their covers look OEM. They can do that because it's not just a cover that goes over the factory cloth, the cloth has to be stripped to the bare cushions and then the leather covers are installed and finally stitched up. Like LMStone said, $1100 or so to get leather added all the way around vs $3-4k to upgrade to ST2 is a lot more manageable if you don't care about MFT or Recaros.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts