Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I haven't heard about a symposer delete plate leaking, but it's like anything with a gasket seal, lol. Most of the kits are around $30 USD and have both a plug bolt and a nipple for running true vacuum to the BPV. I had the center hole plugged until I got an aftermarket bpv... Going straight from the boost control solenoid causes it to vent pretty much every time you lift off the throttle (even light throttle and got very annoying very quick, lol). Just my opinion that it's nice to have the option. Use some Teflon tape or equivalent seal around the threads and shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
There is an oem plate available in Europe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So for the record, I ended up deciding on the Cobb Stage 2 Power kit: Accessport, FMIC, Intake, RMM. I was going to just do FMIC and Accessport, but the price of the Stage 2 package makes much more sense than buying those two on their own. Plus I'm assuming the car doesn't have the RMM already. Hopefully I'll have the cash within the next month or two :) and then at some point I'll do the Invidia Q300 turbo-back exhaust, plonk the Stage 3 tune on, and then I'll be happy :)

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
313 Posts
Sounds like a solid plan!
Beyond that I would suggest researching the possibilities of a custom tune. The off the shelf cobb tunes that are already on the accessport are a good starting off point but they're limited as a one size fits all kind of solution. Being able to buy a tune customized to your car and to your driving preferences can net you more power and wider safety margins.
I found the cobb tune to be difficult and aggravating because throttle mapping isn't linear, which is one of many things that you can have customized to your usecase.

·
Registered
983 Posts
One other thing you could throw on and it's an Oz product is a GFB diverter valve. The stock one is made of cheese and it's a relatively inexpensive and fun upgrade. I have the GFB DVX on mine and the throttle response seems a tiny bit crisper plus Psssh noises when I get off the throttle.:cool:
I personally think the LSD is a great idea and I want to put one on due to the winter driving conditions I get here, plus more hp is useless if all it does is burn tires instead of propel you backwards into your seat!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sounds like a solid plan!
Beyond that I would suggest researching the possibilities of a custom tune. The off the shelf cobb tunes that are already on the accessport are a good starting off point but they're limited as a one size fits all kind of solution. Being able to buy a tune customized to your car and to your driving preferences can net you more power and wider safety margins.
I found the cobb tune to be difficult and aggravating because throttle mapping isn't linear, which is one of many things that you can have customized to your usecase.
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into this down the track. The store that supplies the parts I believe can also do a tune, so I'll definitely look into it down the track!

One other thing you could throw on and it's an Oz product is a GFB diverter valve. The stock one is made of cheese and it's a relatively inexpensive and fun upgrade. I have the GFB DVX on mine and the throttle response seems a tiny bit crisper plus Psssh noises when I get off the throttle.:cool:
I personally think the LSD is a great idea and I want to put one on due to the winter driving conditions I get here, plus more hp is useless if all it does is burn tires instead of propel you backwards into your seat!!!
Nice! I'll definitely look into that one.

The LSD is definitely on hold for a little while but I'll see how I go with money once all the overtime running now comes to an end!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts