Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing a new Focus ST and I got my eye on two. I just want to know what the difference between the two years are, if any. If I do go through with buying one, this will be my first manual car and that is going to be exciting. With that being said, do these newer manual cars have a hill start assist? Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just to mention, the 2018 also have a $2,500 rebate/ refund.. whatever.
If you go to Ford Motor site and build the 2018 ST.. the bottom line includes $2,500 in rebates available.
(You may not be fully eligible for all of them?)

The 17 and 18 are pretty much the same. The big difference is the used 2017 will be worth about $3,000 less than a 18 at any point in time.
And I would not think a dealer is going to hand you $3000 more off a 17 over a 18.
(you can get 2K off list on either one beyond rebates with a good deal..)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to mention, the 2018 also have a $2,500 rebate/ refund.. whatever.
If you go to Ford Motor site and build the 2018 ST.. the bottom line includes $2,500 in rebates available.
(You may not be fully eligible for all of them?)

The 17 and 18 are pretty much the same. The big difference is the used 2017 will be worth about $3,000 less than a 18 at any point in time.
And I would not think a dealer is going to hand you $3000 more off a 17 over a 18.
(you can get 2K off list on either one beyond rebates with a good deal..)
Thanks, I'll keep looking around and see if I can't find some great deal. If I get one I'll be sure to post some pictures for y'all!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I find it's an easy clutch. Also, I think if you stall it it will self start again.
Just FYI, if you want a sunroof you have to get leather interior now. And if you don't want one you have to get a base ST1 model as I believe all leather interior models have it, at least the top ST3 does, not sure about ST2.
So no cloth interior with sunroof any more.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I like that new blue color, wish that had been available in '16.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts