Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked all my tires and one was at 29psi so I filled it up a bit. All others were at 32. It still hasn't gone away.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Did you go drive or has it been sitting still since filling up the tire?

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...d-wheels/tire-pressure-monitoring-system.html

"Make sure tires are at the proper pressure. See “Inflating Your Tires” in this chapter. After inflating your tires to the manufacturer’s recommended pressure as shown on the tire label (located on the edge of driver’s door or the B-Pillar), the vehicle must be driven for at least two minutes over 20 mph (32 km/h) before the light turns off."

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
36 is recommended? Wow that seems high. Yeah I've been driving about 100 miles since filling up.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Fill to 36 PSI(Cold) and drive about 1/4 mile. dummy-light should go away.
The TMPS will trigger around 29 PSI, and won't reset until the proper PSI is reached.

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like others already mentioned.
36 PSI is recommended.
Found a video to retrain your tire pressure monitors if you need to which shouldn't be the case.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Did you check the spare? Oh and with mine missing due to my winters tires/wheels it takes about a 30-40 minute drive for the light to come on. Since I start the car in the morning and my wheels/tires are in the shed 15 feet away it picks them up on first start. So you may need to drive a bit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The recommended settings that have been suggested to you above, are correct, but you can also reset the tyre pressure value to value of your choice...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts