Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Boomba BOV on the weekend and I was super upset that it didn't work properly. I double checked everything and it was all proper as per the video/instructions, no boost leak and not loosing any boost.
Then with a buddies help we decided to take the engine cover off to take a peek and I found the boost solenoid was disconnected. I re-connected it and whola!!! BOV is working like a charm.

Now my question is why would someone disconnect that? It did not just fall off. It's on there pretty secure now. I know it has been like that since I purchased the car as I was hearing turbo flutter but as I'm new to turbos and the ST I didn't think much of it until now.
Is there any gain to having this disconnected? Isn't it bad for the turbo to not be able to relieve the pressure?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can see how it's disconnected.

17521886_10155076214436303_1334143956_o.jpg 17506324_10155076222551303_1654469862_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Turbo's when not having their boost bled off by a selenoid, just operate as wastegate levels, which is pretty low and safe. There is no gain, only less boost/less overall power.

Any number of reasons could have caused this, most often it's human error related.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turbo's when not having their boost bled off by a selenoid, just operate as wastegate levels, which is pretty low and safe. There is no gain, only less boost/less overall power.

Any number of reasons could have caused this, most often it's human error related.
So there's not reason to be worried that it could have hurt my turbo then having it disconnected?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts