Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey guys, I bought my car used and I can't tell whether or not the Intercooler is stock. I took a few pics and figured one of you guys might be able to tell me
Pictures are still kinda crappy one easy way to tell is to look at the end tanks. If they are plastic then I can pretty much guarantee it is stock. Also you still have the ags system so it is probably untouched.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, I bought my car used and I can't tell whether or not the Intercooler is stock. I took a few pics and figured one of you guys might be able to tell me
Pictures are still kinda crappy one easy way to tell is to look at the end tanks. If they are plastic then I can pretty much guarantee it is stock. Also you still have the ags system so it is probably untouched.
Ok. Sorry for the bad pics. I just wasn't sure because he did a lot of other mods to the car. Thanks though

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah still looks like the stock one did tucked down there...the AGS is a big point in the stock direction since 90% of them require you to remove AGS. I second looking at the end tanks. Get below the car and take off the undertray and you'll be able to see the end tanks I'm pretty sure. Black plastic is stock, metal is aftermarket. Best of luck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah still looks like the stock one did tucked down there...the AGS is a big point in the stock direction since 90% of them require you to remove AGS. I second looking at the end tanks. Get below the car and take off the undertray and you'll be able to see the end tanks I'm pretty sure. Black plastic is stock, metal is aftermarket. Best of luck.
Thank you for that advice sir

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
Looks stock. As the others have said you still have the AGS, so that is a huge hint that it is untouched. Black plastic end tanks will tell you for certain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered my CPE to pull the bumper and found a mountune....I assumed

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I ordered my CPE to pull the bumper and found a mountune....I assumed
Consider that to be a rebate for a discount on a much better CPE intercooler once you sell/sold the mountune haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Consider that to be a rebate for a discount on a much better CPE intercooler once you sell/sold the mountune haha
Yup, already sold

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
My car was well maintained by a 60 something year old retired man and I bought it in perfect condition with 15k miles on it (he traded it back into his dealer for the Whipple S/C mustang they had) and I got it for 21k. Literally brand new condition minus slight swirling by the gas cap from where someone must have wiped off dust or leaned against it. It had some work done to it mod wise (Boomba BOV, Wing risers, Cobb Intake with gold heat wrap, boomba RMM, etc) and I think I made out big time in the deal. So I wouldn't hold on to that too much @Stopsign32v

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My car was well maintained by a 60 something year old retired man and I bought it in perfect condition with 15k miles on it (he traded it back into his dealer for the Whipple S/C mustang they had) and I got it for 21k. Literally brand new condition minus slight swirling by the gas cap from where someone must have wiped off dust or leaned against it. It had some work done to it mod wise (Boomba BOV, Wing risers, Cobb Intake with gold heat wrap, boomba RMM, etc) and I think I made out big time in the deal. So I wouldn't hold on to that too much @Stopsign32v
Yea and my car was a 2015 ST3 with only 1200 miles that I got for 22k!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Perfect condition except...

Literally brand new condition except...

Eh, I'd rather have new. That way I know the clutch is broken in right, it hasn't been beat on while not being at operating temp, it hasn't run low on oil... I could keep going.

I knew a 50 year old man that had a 03 Cobra. Perfect condition! But I saw him numerous times hit boost with the motor bone cold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts