Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone- I just picked up a '15 ST3 from a used truck dealer for a steal of a deal. I had it inspected prior to purchase by Ford just to make sure it was on the up and up as I noticed the previous owner did a handful of mods (Coilovers, Magnaflow exhaust/resonator delete, sound symposer delete, wing raise, and RS hood vents). However one thing im not certain of is whether or not the previous owner tuned the vehicle.

Any way to find this out? Preferably without paying Ford to plug into it for an absurd amount of money :/

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
The only way I can think of is having Ford reflash it stock. Chances are no. Does it have a catless DP?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Hey Everyone- I just picked up a '15 ST3 from a used truck dealer for a steal of a deal. I had it inspected prior to purchase by Ford just to make sure it was on the up and up as I noticed the previous owner did a handful of mods (Coilovers, Magnaflow exhaust/resonator delete, sound symposer delete, wing raise, and RS hood vents). However one thing im not certain of is whether or not the previous owner tuned the vehicle.

Any way to find this out? Preferably without paying Ford to plug into it for an absurd amount of money :/

Thanks!
Having it reflashed to stock shouldn't cost much of anything honestly, though you could get it tuned yourself :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks!
no it does not

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets Say it is tuned, and i decided to go with the ford performance calibration with Plugs...since i would essentially be reflashing it, it really wouldnt matter, correct?

EDIT- would it be worth it since i can only get 91 in the Phoenix area?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Lets Say it is tuned, and i decided to go with the ford performance calibration with Plugs...since i would essentially be reflashing it, it really wouldnt matter, correct?

EDIT- would it be worth it since i can only get 91 in the Phoenix area?
Correct, it would reflash it and get rid of whatever is flashed on there now. And getting your car tuned on 91 is still just as awesome minus a few horsepower that you'd get from 93. A tune makes our car pretty awesome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct, it would reflash it and get rid of whatever is flashed on there now. And getting your car tuned on 91 is still just as awesome minus a few horsepower that you'd get from 93. A tune makes our car pretty awesome.
thanks for the help :)

·
Vendor
1,840 Posts
Any method of telling would require you at least have a cheap OBDII adapter to read some stuff from the ECU.
Other tell-tales would depend on the tune (i.e. gear shift hang disabled, max boost, etc.) or logging of parameters to see.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
359 Posts
Post in a thread for your region. Chances are, the owner is around here somewhere. Or someone who recognizes the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it was tuned by a Cobb AP can you press the cruise control Can/Res button when cruise control is turned off and see if the RPMs jump to 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, or 5000 rpm, telling you what map it is on. If it doesn't do anything than you are most likely not tuned, at least not by a Cobb AP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts