Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my jbr stage 2 Rmm and the vibrations are letting up after my trip to Charleston (approx. 500miles) but jus wondering if me torquing the **** outa those motor mount bolts (by hand) could be contributing to the nvh?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just installed my jbr stage 2 Rmm and the vibrations are letting up after my trip to Charleston (approx. 500miles) but jus wondering if me torquing the **** outa those motor mount bolts (by hand) could be contributing to the nvh?
Negative, Ghost Rider.. only if you overtightened to the point the bolt snapped under load, which I doubt as that bolt's stronger than 99% of us.. double check your work, get under there and check for excessive play..

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
I’ve got the 88 or 80 JBR 1st gen RMM my vibrations are retarded I also have steeda engine and trans mounts. If you get at the right RPM you’ll feel tour teeth chatter lol. But it’s very possible they’re stage 2 mount is made to brake in and create a normal driving feel while stabilizing the engine. I would worry about it unless you feel the engine rocking or hear a metal on metal sound.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I torqued mine down to 80ftlbs with a torque wrench and i also had nasty vibrations from the rmm, its just the nature of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts