Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that I roll up to race someone in the streets they never want to race is or just me or bad luck

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've come to believe the only thing you can really truly prove on public roads is who is willing to be more reckless. We see videos of pro drivers lapping cars with similar performance on race tracks with lap times seperated by a second or so. You really think we're going to be able to properly expound upon those results on open public roads?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
first day I drove my brand new ST to work I got asked so race by a clapped out Civic with a fart can... I made him think I was ready to go at the light change and then turned right on the green... I didn't need to and was out of my way to do it but I figured it was better than a ticket for street racing a rice burnt Civic a meth head is driving (he looked rekt)

I try my hardest not to race random clowns and I NEVER race any Chargers or Challengers only because of fear of cops... most of them in the area are undercover copers. I swear the ST badge on the back screams boy racer and SCREAMS "RACE ME NOW!!!!" I wish I could say I have never been talked into it but I have :\

·
Registered
344 Posts
first day I drove my brand new ST to work I got asked so race by a clapped out Civic with a fart can... I made him think I was ready to go at the light change and then turned right on the green... I didn't need to and was out of my way to do it but I figured it was better than a ticket for street racing a rice burnt Civic a meth head is driving (he looked rekt)

I try my hardest not to race random clowns and I NEVER race any Chargers or Challengers only because of fear of cops... most of them in the area are undercover copers. I swear the ST badge on the back screams boy racer and SCREAMS "RACE ME NOW!!!!" I wish I could say I have never been talked into it but I have :\
Exactly this.

When I was younger (and dumber) I would do stupid **** like race cars off the lights. It's not only a risk to other road users but nowadays the laws/rules are getting stricter and stricter and the consequences more dire so I see no logical reason to even fathom this type of behaviour any more.

Where I live (Adelaide, Australia) there are hundreds of fixed speed cameras and even hidden camouflaged speed camera that use IR to get plates. Also note that driving without a plate is a $771 fine oh and did I mention that it is illegal to use radar/lidar detectors here as well.

Here is a photo of an example of said hidden camera - meet ET's POS little brother

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've done some digs in other vehicles of mine with someone i know on a deserted back road a time or two, but from a stoplight or on the interstate is just dangerous and dumb. Not something i would do in my st regardless, this thing lives for the twisties.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
751 Posts
It's your luck you live in Australia :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
People have asked me to race, I know my car is not fast, and I'm 33 and just don't care about the street life like I did when I was 18-23 rolling around in built fox bodies and 03 cobras pushing 600whp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly this.

When I was younger (and dumber) I would do stupid **** like race cars off the lights. It's not only a risk to other road users but nowadays the laws/rules are getting stricter and stricter and the consequences more dire so I see no logical reason to even fathom this type of behaviour any more.

Where I live (Adelaide, Australia) there are hundreds of fixed speed cameras and even hidden camouflaged speed camera that use IR to get plates. Also note that driving without a plate is a $771 fine oh and did I mention that it is illegal to use radar/lidar detectors here as well.

Here is a photo of an example of said hidden camera - meet ET's POS little brother
Damn this is crazy

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts