1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Woah. The question i have is "for how long?"

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
I've seen too many blow up around 450-500 whp to really want to push into that. Then again, I daily my car hard, and was relying on it as my sole vehicle. I would like to see more MAX hp stock block testing. So far we have one entry at 770whp iirc, and it cracked.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See this makes me wanna push my speedperf6rmanc3 block to its max limits. I also have 3 other cars. But only two run including the focus lol. Shoot these motors really make me question a lot. For an example what RPM these motors can safely spin etc. I think there is more to it than meets the eyes. I’m every tempted to push my built motor to 8k

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
See this makes me wanna push my speedperf6rmanc3 block to its max limits. I also have 3 other cars. But only two run including the focus lol. Shoot these motors really make me question a lot. For an example what RPM these motors can safely spin etc. I think there is more to it than meets the eyes. I’m every tempted to push my built motor to 8k
All speed motors are setup to redline at 8k if you have stage two or 3 cams and springs. I think we have some kind of ECU cap that cant push through that 8k iirc. Im trying to remember which tuner discussed it. May have been Strat. Or im thinking of something else, pretty sure its a cap.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yea so you've been watching Dakodas videos.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Supposedly he made 380 on stock fuel system on 93. Which I thought was not possible from what everyone on here says.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I've seen too many blow up around 450-500 whp to really want to push into that. Then again, I daily my car hard, and was relying on it as my sole vehicle. I would like to see more MAX hp stock block testing. So far we have one entry at 770whp iirc, and it cracked.
Their doing that because Dakoda already has a fully built motor waiting to go in, so their pushing this stock motor to see where itll break up. JT Grail of Freedom Motorworx is the tuner and hes tuned some ecoboosts but not a ton, and he seems pretty confident. Also I am really surprised at his numbers, he tuned a COMPLETELY STOCK 2016 ST not even a drop in filter, just an AP to 252h 331t...I think that might almost be a record on completely stock? with full bolt on they may break 300? Kinda crazy

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All speed motors are setup to redline at 8k if you have stage two or 3 cams and springs. I think we have some kind of ECU cap that cant push through that 8k iirc. Im trying to remember which tuner discussed it. May have been Strat. Or im thinking of something else, pretty sure its a cap.
here’s the kicker. Stage 2 bottom end, keyed crank. 80ib springs stock cams lol.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah don’t ask lol idk how that was even a think. Idk if this was built by request before they’re stage 2 kits where even an option with big cams lol.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if Dakota can make 560 on a stock block, I mean lol I gotta be able to make more with this block lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
if Dakota can make 560 on a stock block, I mean lol I gotta be able to make more with this block lol.
I guess, I wonder how terrible the power curve is. Our cams are not known to flow great on the top end, couple that with mess from casting in the valve pockets. On paper, doesn't sound like it will have great useable power, or be easy to daily. The 560 that is.

You on the other hand, should be able to put down some power. What turbo are you running again?

If you are running a top end monster, then you want cams. You can run without, but it makes for a sub-optimal build. Choosing turbo efficiency at the top end, but having a choking motor. Maybe it'll be fine, I may just be over thinking.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope Dakota is able to push this block further. I know it’s pointless but it’s definitely neat to watch. I was reading some of his posts on what he does to keep this monster together. Constant plug changes every oil change Gap of 0.22. Every time the oil gets dirty he changes it etc. this man stays on top of his stuff

But as far as me,
Rev9 6062 so basically a GT3576 lol she comes in nicely at 4600 21psi. But I’ve got a small leak on the edge of my 5 bolt housing next to the internal wga hole that used to be there. This morning I told Bryan to set the redline for 7500 so we will see how they do.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
I hope Dakota is able to push this block further. I know it’s pointless but it’s definitely neat to watch. I was reading some of his posts on what he does to keep this monster together. Constant plug changes every oil change Gap of 0.22. Every time the oil gets dirty he changes it etc. this man stays on top of his stuff

But as far as me,
Rev9 6062 so basically a GT3576 lol she comes in nicely at 4600 21psi. But I’ve got a small leak on the edge of my 5 bolt housing next to the internal wga hole that used to be there. This morning I told Bryan to set the redline for 7500 so we will see how they do.

View attachment 376580
View attachment 376582
I run a gtx3076r gen 2. So same-ish spool, right now hitting 26.5 psi, maxed out 93 oct. If i stop throwing parts at my Edge, Id be running wmi already in the focus.

Yeah, crank her up!! With the springs, you wont fliat a valve, you'll just run out of power from flow. Well ideally, lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
edge ST?? If so your so lucky.
Yeah as of right now with no aux fuel I’m hitting 25.7-26ish on 93 octane. Haven’t started my e30 tune yet or even installed my WMI kit. I’m just scared to break this block because unlike others if I destroy it either my 98 GSX gets sold or I sell this and finally finish my GSX lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
edge ST?? If so your so lucky.
Yeah as of right now with no aux fuel I’m hitting 25.7-26ish on 93 octane. Haven’t started my e30 tune yet or even installed my WMI kit. I’m just scared to break this block because unlike others if I destroy it either my 98 GSX gets sold or I sell this and finally finish my GSX lol.
I hear that, 93 only gets you so far, even with aux fuel. I need to dyno mine again. I'd be surprised if it hit 400whp on 93 with port injection. I need more octane.

The ST isn't received well in the edge community. It's heavier, the 8 spd isn't great, and overall it's slower than the Sport it replaced. After seeing an ST in person, then comparing the specs, screw that. So I grabbed a 15' Sport CPO(for some reason, the fastest year) . It's getting pretty fast, should break into the twelves for the quarter mile. Maybe even get closer to 12.5 before I stop fuxing around and go back to the focus, lmao

Ugh, DSMs. Glad to be out of them, lol!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol Bro that’s quick as can be for a big ole suv. I was tempted to get one recently but never pulled the trigger on it.
But man I Couldn’t pass up this one second owner 80k miles boosting performance block and head BC 272 cams built trans was on FP green sold it to get a bigger kit. Sadly it’s sitting at a shop rotting away. When I was at wounded warrior battalion I didn’t have the means to fix it because I was sick 247 a shop was supposed to do it for me and never finished it. She will he home this year and I’ll be finishing her up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts