Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I saw out of all the states, VA is panic buying the most.
Wife's family lives in the Lynchburg area and tried to get gas this morning and the local stations were all pumped dry, the sister-IL had to go back home due to not enough gas to get to work.
I really don't understand these morons... the problem is going to be resolved by early next week. FFS, just use what you need and knock off the selfish [email protected][email protected]%ery.
It's so bad with these people, anytime there is even a HINT of a small snow, I know there will be no milk or bread for a damn week because of these loons.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,589 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,589 Posts
Stuff like this sets off alarms and gets addressed pretty quickly here. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's different. They do use Ethanol to boost the octane, but inside a tanker truck, each octane gasoline is in a segmented section, separate from the others.

Detergents are added by the fuel station after the truck deposits the fuel, but the additives are mainly just for cleaning agents.

Unfortunately, people will swallow up 93 as much as 87, if 87 runs out. Your standard commuter car doesn't care if it's 87 or 93, it will still work. People down south really need to chill right now. It's causing a chain reaction in the country.
I don't mean to be anal, but I've got one small correction to the above: additives (and ethanol) are added at the truck loading rack, not at the station. Thankfully I live 2 hours from one of the largest refineries in the country where I worked for 33 years. They process 291,000 barrels of crude per day 24/7 so we should be good around here. 🙂

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
I don't mean to be anal, but I've got one small correction to the above: additives (and ethanol) are added at the truck loading rack, not at the station. Thankfully I live 2 hours from one of the largest refineries in the country where I worked for 33 years. They process 291,000 barrels of crude per day 24/7 so we should be good around here. 🙂
Sorry, I should clarify, the stations add additional ones.

Thanks though, always good to share.

·
Vendor
590 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I live near Houston. The gas is just pouring out all over the place because it has nowhere to go. Expecting gas to go to 12 cents a gallon shortly.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,589 Posts
Now if it compensates for tightened WGA or could be tweaked to allow for it I could name at least 10 people off hand that would purchase it in a second.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Vendor
590 Posts
Now if it compensates for tightened WGA or could be tweaked to allow for it I could name at least 10 people off hand that would purchase it in a second.
stock wastegate tightened isn't enough to drastically change anything from what I've seen. Aftermarket wastegate would be a no go.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
93 octane might take longer to recover than 87. After one of the storms knocked out refineries in the gulf years ago, 87 was available soon and 93 took almost another week.
They use the same pipeline for each octane, so they have to stop and cross over to distribute 93. To maximize catching up, they may keep pumping 87 through the pipeline for a while.
Or not.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
also remember that when there are fuel shortages sometimes states authorize the use of "winter fuel" in the summer. So i wouldn't be surprised that even if you do get premium fuel if it isn't performing up to normal standards.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts