Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me preface this by saying that I recently updated my SYNC to 2.2? (the update with Android Auto) and this issue has just started happening a few days ago. And if it matters I have a '16 ST3.

I might be an oddity when it comes to how I listen to music.. I still use an Ipod (its the only apple product I have ever owned) and I organize all of my music into playlists under the band's name. That way I can just listen to a groups music one album at a time - otherwise if I listen to music by selecting Artist it will just start playing the Artists music in alphabetical order with no regard to the album.

So the issue is that when I go into the menus in the car to listen to play lists I am missing a few of them...which is really weird because they show up on the Ipod itself. I can manually use the Ipod and select the playlists that are hidden on the car's infotainment. So I thought I could fix it yesterday by completely wiping my Ipod and reloading everything back to it. Well that was a terrible idea because now instead of ~30 playlists I now have 1. ONE. WTF. But the music and the playlists are all on the Ipod and again I can manually select them on the device itself, its just that to the car they are hidden.

I need help figuring out how to trouble shoot this.. Its either the Ipod itself or the infotainment unit. I am leaning towards the infotainment unit, however my Ipod has seen better days. The only reason I suspect it is because the screen is starting to lift off the device after being in my car for about 3 or 4 years (its an Ipod touch 6?).

So either I try and troubleshoot this - I think I can factory reset my infotainment system, correct?

My other option is to just throw all of my music onto a thumb drive and listen to it directly.. I havent tried this but if anyone has I am curious if the system lets you listen to mp4s thrown into folders on a USB stick. Im pretty sure I can convert the files to Mp3 if needed... its been a while since I last burned mp3 cds from mp4s.

I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I decided to try and fix this today again... I pulled fuse F67 for about 10 minutes and that made no change. I then factory reset the infotainment and again had no change. If I listen to songs in the playlist the car will seethe playlist after I unplug and replug in the ipod. Im at a loss... I factory reset the Ipod again and am in the process of re syncing the library (as a "new" Ipod).

If it comes to it, has anyone converted m4a (itunes format) to mp3 and just used a thumbdrive instead? Itunes will change the file for me.. But ill have to get another large thumb drive.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I managed to get most of the m4p, mpeg4, m4a and itunes protected files turned into mp3s (apple doesnt keep their file types very consistent..). But I am having issues now with playlists on the usb stick not being correct. The playlists play fine on the computer but some albums still dont show up on the usb stick as mp3s. I am starting to think its my infotainment system. If I have to have Ford troubleshoot it I know they will blame the ipod and usb stick and as a former cell phone tech that is so frustrating. I try and do all the troubleshooting I can do myself before I involve anyone else.. at this point I am lost and I need help from someone.

I use NoteBurner to convert the songs and Playlist Creator 3.6.2 to make the playlists. I loaded the playlist into Groove Music (barf) and it shows the album in the playlist that Sync3 wont show. It was the same when it was m4a as it is as a mp3 now. Ive forced Sync3 to index the music again and it still is the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts