Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After spending some time looking into FORScan customizations, I was wondering if there's a way to update the IPC to the facelift version, or if it's just different hardware entirely. I have a 2014 FoST3, so I already have the quad screen and ST splash screen, but I know 2013 owners without that have been able to update their IPC to get those, so I'm wondering if mine can be updated to the facelift version with quicker animations and the digital speedo through FORScan, or if it's not possible due to different hardware. Anyone know or done this?

Additionally, what else can I accomplish in FORScan? I plan on doing global windows, high beams with fogs, disable the double horn honk... what about eyelid DRLs always on so I don't have to have the tail lights on all the time too?

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
I've done global windows and highbeams on with fogs but I couldn't get the always on headlights thing to work (I have and ST2 though, so that might be the reason). Mine is an early 2013 so I didn't have the double honk to begin with.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What do you mean by updating IDS? IDS is Ford's Integrated Diagnostic System. You can download updates, and this is licensed software.

I think you mean IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster). If so, FORScan does not currently have the capability to flash calibration files to the IPC. I heard rumors that beta versions are experimenting with this and having difficulty, but as of the time of this post, you can't use FORSCan to accomplish your goal. FoCCCus can do it, but it's notoriously buggy. Ask me how I know (hint: read my recent threads on my IPC update).

As for the heart of your question - can you flash the MK3.5 cluster files in a MK3. From what I understand, yes it can be done. Specifically, you flash the 'F1ET' files in lieu of the BM5T and CM5T files, but I believe this is a one-way street, as it overwrites other blocks in an unrecoverable way. I am not sure if this enables the digital speedo. Reach out to @carrot about this. I know he wrote F1ET files to his MK3 and almost everything is working correct for him.

When you say the MK3.5 clusters have faster animations, do you mean the ST logo and blue rectangle animations? Or do you mean they're snappier when navigating menus? FWIW when I updated my 2013's cluster to late 2014 software/firmware, I already noticed a snappier interface.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by updating IDS? IDS is Ford's Integrated Diagnostic System. You can download updates, and this is licensed software.

I think you mean IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster). If so, FORScan does not currently have the capability to flash calibration files to the IPC. I heard rumors that beta versions are experimenting with this and having difficulty, but as of the time of this post, you can't use FORSCan to accomplish your goal. FoCCCus can do it, but it's notoriously buggy. Ask me how I know (hint: read my recent threads on my IPC update).

As for the heart of your question - can you flash the MK3.5 cluster files in a MK3. From what I understand, yes it can be done. Specifically, you flash the 'F1ET' files in lieu of the BM5T and CM5T files, but I believe this is a one-way street, as it overwrites other blocks in an unrecoverable way. I am not sure if this enables the digital speedo. Reach out to @carrot about this. I know he wrote F1ET files to his MK3 and almost everything is working correct for him.

When you say the MK3.5 clusters have faster animations, do you mean the ST logo and blue rectangle animations? Or do you mean they're snappier when navigating menus? FWIW when I updated my 2013's cluster to late 2014 software/firmware, I already noticed a snappier interface.
Yeah, I meant IPC. I had the wrong thing on my mind when I wrote it lol, changed it in the title but forgot to change the post. But I'll try reaching out to him about that. And I guess both, but mainly the menu navigation seems to be quicker in the MK3.5, and animations seem less drawn out and choppy. I guess the biggest thing I'm looking for anyway is the digital speedo, because it's just a nice thing to have and I don't want to have to go into test mode every time. I need to do some exploring with FORScan and FoCCCus anyway when my OBD reader comes in... speaking of which, do you know if the WiFi readers work with FoCCCus? Specifically the OHP one? I've seen plenty of people mention it being buggy and unreliable with the wrong connections so I'd like to know if I should get a wired/bluetooth one instead.

·
Registered
157 Posts
speaking of which, do you know if the WiFi readers work with FoCCCus? Specifically the OHP one? I've seen plenty of people mention it being buggy and unreliable with the wrong connections so I'd like to know if I should get a wired/bluetooth one instead.
I went into greater detail in my thread about soft bricking my IPC, but to summarize, I had a painful time using FoCCCus with 4 different cables until I bought an ELS27 clone that eventually got the job done. The only wireless one I tried was an OBDLink MX, but that was bluetooth and not wifi. I wouldn't bother with a wifi unit when writing a file that can brick a module. I did use an OHP Elmconfig, but that was hard wired (and also resulted in failures for me when writing to the IPC).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts