61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hardest part of the install is screwing in each side of the base. Very tight spaces.. have to use a bit of ingenuity to get it all tightened. I highly recommend a telescoping magnetic tool; that was the only way i got mine in.
I held a long ass hex screw to hold it in place.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hardest part of the install is screwing in each side of the base. Very tight spaces.. have to use a bit of ingenuity to get it all tightened. I highly recommend a telescoping magnetic tool; that was the only way i got mine in.
We've seen people hold the core up in place with a floor jack

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just want to publicly thank the folks at cp e. A large white box bearing the cp e logo appeared on my front porch last Saturday, a few days sooner than expected. The Lightweight Delta intercooler I found inside the box was a thing of beauty. Very well made. Well packaged. Complete illustrated instructions and all the necessary hardware.

Today was installation day! Thanks to the included instructions and the tips and suggestions in this thread everything went well.

I thought the warning in the instruction sheet about changes in vehicle power and performance was a bit of hyperbole. Turns out I was wrong. Shortly after I purchased the vehicle I installed the FRRP, This tune met my needs and expectations, but I could tell that the stock intercooler was limiting the engine's ability to make power. I was somewhat concerned that a replacement intercooler would result in turbo lag and no appreciable change in performance.

The test drive after installation was eyeopening. I didn't expect a noticeable difference in performance because the temperature here is in the low thirties. The first thing I noticed was throttle response. It might even be better now than it was before. The second thing I noticed was that after the engine warmed up it still had that "just started" feel. It definitely passed the butt dyno test. It may be more than my imagination: With the FRRP it is relatively easy to spin the tires in third gear under hard acceleration. Now I can do it in fourth gear!

Thank you cp e for a wonderful product and an excellent experience.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Just want to publicly thank the folks at cp e. A large white box bearing the cp e logo appeared on my front porch last Saturday, a few days sooner than expected. The Lightweight Delta intercooler I found inside the box was a thing of beauty. Very well made. Well packaged. Complete illustrated instructions and all the necessary hardware.

Today was installation day! Thanks to the included instructions and the tips and suggestions in this thread everything went well.

I thought the warning in the instruction sheet about changes in vehicle power and performance was a bit of hyperbole. Turns out I was wrong. Shortly after I purchased the vehicle I installed the FRRP, This tune met my needs and expectations, but I could tell that the stock intercooler was limiting the engine's ability to make power. I was somewhat concerned that a replacement intercooler would result in turbo lag and no appreciable change in performance.

The test drive after installation was eyeopening. I didn't expect a noticeable difference in performance because the temperature here is in the low thirties. The first thing I noticed was throttle response. It might even be better now than it was before. The second thing I noticed was that after the engine warmed up it still had that "just started" feel. It definitely passed the butt dyno test. It may be more than my imagination: With the FRRP it is relatively easy to spin the tires in third gear under hard acceleration. Now I can do it in fourth gear!

Thank you cp e for a wonderful product and an excellent experience.
Thank you for your support! Let us know how you like it after some more driving

·
Registered
122 Posts
My quick review after about 600km on a new tune.

First time I pushed the car I said to myself, 'Holy ****. This is too fast.'

Now I am used to it... And I'm in need of more haha

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
My quick review after about 600km on a new tune.

First time I pushed the car I said to myself, 'Holy ****. This is too fast.'

Now I am used to it... And I'm in need of more haha
Our 12Days sale can help you out with that lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are there any holiday sales coming up? I really want this IC, and missed out on the introductory pricing. Still kicking myself about that one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm looking at picking up your lightweight Fmic and tubing. Are you by chance offering any sales or an active duty mil discount? I just purchased an intake system and figured I might as well knock this out too lol!
Vr
Lee

·
Registered
211 Posts
How much does the intercooler weigh?

·
Registered
273 Posts
It sounds like it's a fairly tight fit. I actually want the larger FMIC, but I'm wondering how it can fit if the smaller one is tight?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered mine through Stratified. They said that CP-E is out of these ICs right now. Any indication when the next batch will be going out?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts