Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Performance. Sound. Fitment. Options. All perfectly in focus. Presenting the AWE Ford Mk3 Focus ST Exhaust Suite:

• All of the hot hatch tone with zero drone
  • Available as sophisticated Touring Edition, or unleashed Track Edition
  • Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in-house, in the U.S.A
  • Max gains of 7 hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque to the crank (both Touring and Track Editions)
  • Touring Edition features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®
  • Touring Edition available as resonated and non-resonated
  • Handcrafted out of 3” U.S.-sourced .068” wall T304L stainless steel
  • 4” double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
  • Less is more: clean, non-baffled, straight-through design maximizes performance
  • Direct bolt-on system for factory-like simplicity
  • No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
  • Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
  • Featuring the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
The Options:

Touring Edition Cat-back Exhaust

[note: the AWE video features the Resonated Touring Edition Exhaust, and the CJ video features the Non-Resonated Touring Edition Exhaust]

The Mk3 Focus ST Touring Edition Exhaust brings it when you’re ready, but is refined and sophisticated for around town cruising. A direct bolt-on, straight-through, drone-free masterpiece. Available as resonated or non-resonated, the Touring Edition Exhaust boasts AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, producing a drone-free, aggressive tone throughout the entire range.

Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology®:

Perfect tone, compliments of AWE Tuning 180 Technology®.

As exhaust gases exit the ST’s 2.0T engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology® in the tab above.

Track Edition Cat-back Exhaust

If raw and rowdy are your speed, the Track Edition is your dose of steel. The rowdiest of the lot, the Track Edition Exhaust retains all the engineering and precision of the Touring Edition, minus AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®. All with full 3” diameter configuration.

This versions is known to get rowdy in the mid range, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.

Comparison - Touring Edition vs Track Edition:

Tip Options:

All tip options include the AWE logo and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.

• 4” slash-cut chrome silver tips
  • 4” slash-cut diamond black tips

Data:

Questions? Hit me here or direct via email

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well today is the day I finally get to write a review about the AWE Focus ST catback exhaust.

Now AWE has always been making performance products for euro spec type cars (Porsche, Audi, McLaren, BMW, etc). Well now they have started engineering and manufacturing for the domestic car markets, starting with the S500 ('15-'18) Ford Mustang exhausts. Now they have entered the Focus ST and RS markets with a variety of catback exhausts, and we know there's no reason to not be pumped about it.

When AWE was looking for a Focus ST to use for R&D I messaged a guy named Josh Davis. We got to talking and about a week later my 2016 Focus ST was sitting at AWE state-of-the-art facility in Horsham, PA. My wife and I got to see AWE's facility and it's really awesome to know all of their exhausts are handcrafted right there from start to finish (USA! USA!). Josh was great with communicating to me about the car (my car never sees a shop let alone a manufacturing/r&d facility), and would let me know that they didn't like this one exhaust they tried or they liked this but are gonna try something else to see if they can make it sound better and perform better.

Some background: my car had an MBRP 3" catback exhaust on it when it was brought there. Now I actually liked the MBRP because I could hear the car when it started and it was there when I revved it. The MBRP did drone at certain rpms. As soon as I got my car back from AWE I immediately noticed the drone was gone and the sound was more aggressive yet refined. AWE deployed their proprietary drone solution, 180Technology, that eliminates the drone and fine tunes the acoustics (you can really hear the turbo spool). I was told by Josh that when they put the car on the dyno they were a little shocked to see the car made 280fwhp with just the exhaust and a turbosmart bov on their Mustang dyno. No I do not have a Cobb tuner or any tuner on the car.

AWE made a couple versions of the catback exhaust. The Touring and Track. The touring, which I have on my car, sounds like the focus should. Not loud at idle, but you know the car is there, little louder when cruising, but ABSOLUTELY zero drone, and when you want to get on it, you know it's there. I can not complain about this exhaust because my 2yr old son falls asleep in his car seat while cruising at highway speeds.

Now I've never really done a review before, well publicly like this so I'm probably missing stuff, but if you have any questions about the exhaust please ask me and I'll try to give my best answer.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words, gentleman! The Touring Edition is only loud when you want it to be, and is quite refined at all times. I can understand the sound heard when the camera is close in the CJ videos would make one think they are louder than they truly are :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sooooo, does anyone want to buy a COBB Catback? lol

The touring sounds great! Not in the budget at the moment, but maybe come tax season we will see how others are feeliing about them by then.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sooooo, does anyone want to buy a COBB Catback? lol

The touring sounds great! Not in the budget at the moment, but maybe come tax season we will see how others are feeliing about them by then.
There are people in nj already extremely interested in purchasing this

·
Registered
80 Posts
There are people in nj already extremely interested in purchasing this

I more so mean more reviews of it, hell I am extremely interested in purchasing one, its just not feasible at the moment. The more good reivews that come about, the more feasible it will become however.

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well today is the day I finally get to write a review about the AWE Focus ST catback exhaust.

Now AWE has always been making performance products for euro spec type cars (Porsche, Audi, McLaren, BMW, etc). Well now they have started engineering and manufacturing for the domestic car markets, starting with the S500 ('15-'18) Ford Mustang exhausts. Now they have entered the Focus ST and RS markets with a variety of catback exhausts, and we know there's no reason to not be pumped about it.

When AWE was looking for a Focus ST to use for R&D I messaged a guy named Josh Davis. We got to talking and about a week later my 2016 Focus ST was sitting at AWE state-of-the-art facility in Horsham, PA. My wife and I got to see AWE's facility and it's really awesome to know all of their exhausts are handcrafted right there from start to finish (USA! USA!). Josh was great with communicating to me about the car (my car never sees a shop let alone a manufacturing/r&d facility), and would let me know that they didn't like this one exhaust they tried or they liked this but are gonna try something else to see if they can make it sound better and perform better.

Some background: my car had an MBRP 3" catback exhaust on it when it was brought there. Now I actually liked the MBRP because I could hear the car when it started and it was there when I revved it. The MBRP did drone at certain rpms. As soon as I got my car back from AWE I immediately noticed the drone was gone and the sound was more aggressive yet refined. AWE deployed their proprietary drone solution, 180Technology, that eliminates the drone and fine tunes the acoustics (you can really hear the turbo spool). I was told by Josh that when they put the car on the dyno they were a little shocked to see the car made 280fwhp with just the exhaust and a turbosmart bov on their Mustang dyno. No I do not have a Cobb tuner or any tuner on the car.

AWE made a couple versions of the catback exhaust. The Touring and Track. The touring, which I have on my car, sounds like the focus should. Not loud at idle, but you know the car is there, little louder when cruising, but ABSOLUTELY zero drone, and when you want to get on it, you know it's there. I can not complain about this exhaust because my 2yr old son falls asleep in his car seat while cruising at highway speeds.

Now I've never really done a review before, well publicly like this so I'm probably missing stuff, but if you have any questions about the exhaust please ask me and I'll try to give my best answer.

Thank you

Glad you're loving it, K! Thanks a million for your support and helping us arrive to where we are today -- our 10th major marque!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Glad you're loving it, K! Thanks a million for your support and helping us arrive to where we are today -- our 10th major marque!
I helped my brother-in-law install your touring catback on his 2015 Mustang GT, and DANG does it sound amazing. Driving normally is quite refined, but step on it and what a glorious sound!

Super interested in switching my CBE over to this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I helped my brother-in-law install your touring catback on his 2015 Mustang GT, and DANG does it sound amazing. Driving normally is quite refined, but step on it and what a glorious sound!

That's awesome to see

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I'm glad you guys like it! There's nothing like a hefty dose of fine-tuned muscle tone.

Let me know if you have any questions about the ST line!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts