Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Performance. Sound. Fitment. Options. All perfectly in focus. Presenting the AWE Ford Mk3 Focus ST Exhaust Suite:

• All of the hot hatch tone with zero drone
  • Available as sophisticated Touring Edition, or unleashed Track Edition
  • Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in-house, in the U.S.A
  • Max gains of 7 hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque to the crank (both Touring and Track Editions)
  • Touring Edition features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®
  • Touring Edition available as resonated and non-resonated
  • Handcrafted out of 3” U.S.-sourced .068” wall T304L stainless steel
  • 4” double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
  • Less is more: clean, non-baffled, straight-through design maximizes performance
  • Direct bolt-on system for factory-like simplicity
  • No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
  • Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
  • Featuring the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
The Options:

Touring Edition Cat-back Exhaust

[note: the AWE video features the Resonated Touring Edition Exhaust, and the CJ video features the Non-Resonated Touring Edition Exhaust]

The Mk3 Focus ST Touring Edition Exhaust brings it when you’re ready, but is refined and sophisticated for around town cruising. A direct bolt-on, straight-through, drone-free masterpiece. Available as resonated or non-resonated, the Touring Edition Exhaust boasts AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, producing a drone-free, aggressive tone throughout the entire range.

Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology®:

Perfect tone, compliments of AWE Tuning 180 Technology®.

As exhaust gases exit the ST’s 2.0T engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology® in the tab above.

Track Edition Cat-back Exhaust

If raw and rowdy are your speed, the Track Edition is your dose of steel. The rowdiest of the lot, the Track Edition Exhaust retains all the engineering and precision of the Touring Edition, minus AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®. All with full 3” diameter configuration.

This versions is known to get rowdy in the mid range, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.

Comparison - Touring Edition vs Track Edition:

Tip Options:

All tip options include the AWE logo and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.

• 4” slash-cut chrome silver tips
  • 4” slash-cut diamond black tips

Data:

Questions? Hit me here or direct via email

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Let me ask this. I have a current 'custom' exhaust I put together. It consists of an 18" magnaflow rectangle-style muffler post stock DP. After that, mid-vehicle, there's a glasspack to control drone. Result is a smooth burble at idle and zero drone at any speed. Downside, and this is a downside of every-single-aftermarket exhaust I've heard in the ST.. at hard throttle, the exhaust note goes from smooth/nice to this almost thrashy or "airy" sound. You don't hear it so much inside the vehicle but from outside the vehicle, it just doesn't sound like quality. I'm a firm believer that this is why most sound videos posted of ST exhaust manufacturers do not show the car going WOT at close range. I understand why that sound exists (the turbo has much to do with it,) but what I want to know is, how does this exhaust control that problem? There are many exhausts already on the market that eliminate drone - what beyond that makes this different? Does the tone remain consistent from part to full throttle (albeit, just louder?)

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me ask this. I have a current 'custom' exhaust I put together. It consists of an 18" magnaflow rectangle-style muffler post stock DP. After that, mid-vehicle, there's a glasspack to control drone. Result is a smooth burble at idle and zero drone at any speed. Downside, and this is a downside of every-single-aftermarket exhaust I've heard in the ST.. at hard throttle, the exhaust note goes from smooth/nice to this almost thrashy or "airy" sound. You don't hear it so much inside the vehicle but from outside the vehicle, it just doesn't sound like quality. I'm a firm believer that this is why most sound videos posted of ST exhaust manufacturers do not show the car going WOT at close range. I understand why that sound exists (the turbo has much to do with it,) but what I want to know is, how does this exhaust control that problem? There are many exhausts already on the market that eliminate drone - what beyond that makes this different? Does the tone remain consistent from part to full throttle (albeit, just louder?)
Not sure there'd be any other method to show going WOT aside from going all-out bumper cam, which never does wonders. The sound does stay clean and rich throughout the range. And though others state they control drone, they are not defeating it like our 180 Technology® (which doesn't use packing material to control drone). Aside from that, we use .065" wall T304L stainless, and our resonators are not OTS units, rather they're composed by us in-house using our own special blend of internals. All of our designs are straight-through design vs being baffled, which others may use and influence what you're hearing.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Honestly, both sound AWEful to me.

No thanks.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Do you have any decibel readings for both exhausts? I am very interested but i want to make sure its not super loud. Michigan State Police in my area are not very fond of loud exhausts...

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have any decibel readings for both exhausts? I am very interested but i want to make sure its not super loud. Michigan State Police in my area are not very fond of loud exhausts...
I do not, unfortunately. I would recommend going with the Resonated Touring Edition, though.

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The AWE Performance Exhaust Lines for the Ford Mk3 Focus ST and RS have soared well beyond our expectations since the release of AWEFocus.com, and for that, we’re appreciative and thankful for supporting what we produce.

Due to the immense volume and demand, we’ve created a designated manufacturing cell to afford our manufacturing team optimal efficiency when handcrafting your chosen configurations. With the increased speed on the production floor, you get to rumble a lot quicker.

This is a peek inside the process, showing the final component of a Track Edition for the FoST.

Learn more about AWE's Exhaust Suites for the Mk3 Focus ST and RS right this way: http://bit.ly/2JqADDO

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Just wanted to say that I am loving your Track exhaust. I mated it up to a catless MBRP down pipe for the record. I like how honest you are on your introductions to the different exhausts because this system is definitely not for the faint of heart. The sound and noise at mid to high rev is unreal, in a great way. I had no idea a 4 banger these days could even sound like this. It's so deep, low, and burbly, just made that word up, at lower RPM's it sounds so mean but tame. It's only ridiculous when you get on it which is what I wanted. The volume knob is your right foot.

That being said, it's seriously loud. Yes it rumbles at low RPM but as soon as you blip that throttle or hit the gas the exhaust wakes up and goes way up anything after that no matter what. Some may like that, some may not. I would say that a regular person looking for a cat back system to wake the car up a little, this exhaust is not for you. If you want a very good noise and report both inside and out of the cabin enhanced by the addition of your current modifications, this is a system worth looking into.

After having this system on for less than two days I have already received several compliments from random people at the grocery store and gas stations in the area, including one from last night when I came out of the store to find a beautiful STI parked beside me. I started my car and noticed he was getting in his car too, rolled down my window to tell him I liked his car and he cut me off before I could even ask the question and he said.'hey man, that thing sounds great.' I said thanks and complimented him on his STI, we bs'd for a minute and took off hooning around a bit and then split. Totally random dude which makes it even cooler. Anyway, this exhaust attracts attention which is really great but could be bad considering what you are going for, but I can promise that this exhaust is nowhere near the normal 4 cylinder fart can sound like I have been afraid of. This system is mean, really mean.

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just wanted to say that I am loving your Track exhaust. I mated it up to a catless MBRP down pipe for the record. I like how honest you are on your introductions to the different exhausts because this system is definitely not for the faint of heart. The sound and noise at mid to high rev is unreal, in a great way. I had no idea a 4 banger these days could even sound like this. It's so deep, low, and burbly, just made that word up, at lower RPM's it sounds so mean but tame. It's only ridiculous when you get on it which is what I wanted. The volume knob is your right foot.

That being said, it's seriously loud. Yes it rumbles at low RPM but as soon as you blip that throttle or hit the gas the exhaust wakes up and goes way up anything after that no matter what. Some may like that, some may not. I would say that a regular person looking for a cat back system to wake the car up a little, this exhaust is not for you. If you want a very good noise and report both inside and out of the cabin enhanced by the addition of your current modifications, this is a system worth looking into.

After having this system on for less than two days I have already received several compliments from random people at the grocery store and gas stations in the area, including one from last night when I came out of the store to find a beautiful STI parked beside me. I started my car and noticed he was getting in his car too, rolled down my window to tell him I liked his car and he cut me off before I could even ask the question and he said.'hey man, that thing sounds great.' I said thanks and complimented him on his STI, we bs'd for a minute and took off hooning around a bit and then split. Totally random dude which makes it even cooler. Anyway, this exhaust attracts attention which is really great but could be bad considering what you are going for, but I can promise that this exhaust is nowhere near the normal 4 cylinder fart can sound like I have been afraid of. This system is mean, really mean.
I'm happy you're happy! Hope the holiday season has been grand to ya.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I'm happy you're happy! Hope the holiday season has been grand to ya.
THANKS! You all do the same! You guys and gals produce a quality product, thank you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts