Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
How bout you get your ST on the road before you make requests.

Kids these days...

Oh btw, AWE is pretty solid in my book. Hopefully they sort Dave out, and get that new intake on my car asap, lol
Lol I think today is the day that she is.. and an intake? whats wrong with yours?

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi Josh, will your 180 resonator work with other exhaust systems? Do you sell just the resonator? And if you do, what is the length of it, I have a 3" system. Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Josh, will your 180 resonator work with other exhaust systems? Do you sell just the resonator? And if you do, what is the length of it, I have a 3" system. Thanks

THIS, would love to through the 180 system on my current set up.

·
Vendor
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Negative, my friend. It's our proprietary, patented technology that is tuned to the application. It is not a "plug and play" technology, so to speak.

I would love to hear more clips from the resonated touring version. Wonder if someone with a decibel app could take a reason =p.
dB ratings are a bit irrelevant to the grand scheme of things. For example if I were to take dB ratings at home, they would be different at a track. If I were to record dB levels at one track's recording station and went to a track in the next town over, they would be different. It's all about distance and surroundings -- which are hardly ever the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So you'll be running a DP paired to the non-res Touring Edition? Should sound radical!
Josh,

I've listened to the CJ videos of both the touring and the track models. It's hard for me to really guage how the track model sounds (mic overload). The videos imply the touring is louder, and has a lovely gurgle (we love the gurgles on decel :in love: must have gurgles). In your opinion how much louder if any is the track over the touring, or is it? I love the sound of the Cobra Venom non-res that we can get across the pond ...
I know this video is a 5 cyl 225 but it is a gorgeous sound, but I like the AWE product and it's USA :big smile: . I'm leaning toward the touring because I think it sounds more like this, but I haven't really heard a good track version video to compare. Having dealt with the two in person, what do you think, or can you point me to another track video to compare better?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Josh,

I've listened to the CJ videos of both the touring and the track models. It's hard for me to really guage how the track model sounds (mic overload). The videos imply the touring is louder, and has a lovely gurgle (we love the gurgles on decel :in love: must have gurgles). In your opinion how much louder if any is the track over the touring, or is it? I love the sound of the Cobra Venom non-res that we can get across the pond ...
I know this video is a 5 cyl 225 but it is a gorgeous sound, but I like the AWE product and it's USA :big smile: . I'm leaning toward the touring because I think it sounds more like this, but I haven't really heard a good track version video to compare. Having dealt with the two in person, what do you think, or can you point me to another track video to compare better?
I found this one the other day when I was looking for some more videos of the AWE Exhaust track edition. I too love the sound of the Touring Resonated version.

·
Vendor
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Josh,

I've listened to the CJ videos of both the touring and the track models. It's hard for me to really guage how the track model sounds (mic overload). The videos imply the touring is louder, and has a lovely gurgle (we love the gurgles on decel :in love: must have gurgles). In your opinion how much louder if any is the track over the touring, or is it? I love the sound of the Cobra Venom non-res that we can get across the pond ... I know this video is a 5 cyl 225 but it is a gorgeous sound, but I like the AWE product and it's USA :big smile: . I'm leaning toward the touring because I think it sounds more like this, but I haven't really heard a good track version video to compare. Having dealt with the two in person, what do you think, or can you point me to another track video to compare better?
I found this one the other day when I was looking for some more videos of the AWE Exhaust track edition. I too love the sound of the Touring Resonated version.
Resonated Touring Edition all the way!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just installed the AWE Track exhaust on my ST (stock downpipe).

Can't wipe the smile off my face. By far my favorite ST exhaust I've heard. There's little in variety of the clips you'll find online for this exhaust. If you like what you hear, it's that much better in person.

First off, the quality of the exhaust is ridiculous. I really would have been happy just mounting it on a wall and staring at it. The welds, the bends, the resonator, the tips.. you instantly know this is a quality part.

Installation is very straight forward. The kit is complete with everything you need to install it.

For those that are asking, "is it too loud?" - no. It's not. It's freaking perfect. Yes you will hear it, yes your neighbors will hear it in the morning, but the balance of sound and tone is perfect. It's not overbearing and once the car settles at idle after warming up it does become quiet at idle.

The response you get from the exhaust is totally dependent on how you drive. It always lets you know it's there, but things don't get crazy until you smash the skinny pedal. At that point, the music begins. Holy crap! I NEED excuses to go drive now just to hear it.

I was SUPER picky about the tone of the exhaust I was going to put on this car. In general, I am not a fan of hearing a run of the mill 4 cyl with exhaust. Some sound great, others make me cringe. Fortunately the ST has a unique and deep enough sound that I am proud for other people to hear it now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So I'm not sure if it's been covered yet, but I saw the mention of intakes in your video. Is there already an availability on these? Didn't see anything on the AWE site.

The Touring edition exhaust sounds amazing btw!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts