Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Noted! I’m expecting the bearing to be pretty shaved, considering the shavings seen around it in the video. No telling how long it’s been like this. I’ll find out once I get the parts and get at it.

It’s weird I have absolutely no vibration or anything at all what so ever. Had I of not noticed the few small spots in my headlights pulling into the driveway the other night I wouldn’t be under the car for another couple thousand miles for the oil change.

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Noted! I’m expecting the bearing to be pretty shaved, considering the shavings seen around it in the video. No telling how long it’s been like this. I’ll find out once I get the parts and get at it.
Just make sure to clean everything well, use adequate lighting to inspect, and if it's a bit suspect, you may just want to replace it. Drivetrain is not something you want coming apart again, lol.

Keep us posted, quote me or PM me if you run into any issues.

Reactions: dave87

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Tasca was a bad idea, ordered Monday morning the 5th, still not shipped because they’re waiting on the parts. Called the dealership before them and could’ve had it in 2-3 business days. Wasn’t much of a difference in price so should’ve stuck with the dealership. Oh well.

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Tasca was a bad idea, ordered Monday morning the 5th, still not shipped because they’re waiting on the parts. Called the dealership before them and could’ve had it in 2-3 business days. Wasn’t much of a difference in price so should’ve stuck with the dealership. Oh well.
Thats weird, they normally notify of backordered parts and ask how you want to proceed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Finally got the parts in and around to getting it done. Unfortunately I didn’t have enough room with the car on ramps to get the bracket off so had to settle for the strap only. Luckily I think that’ll seal the deal because the half shaft and bearing was completely secure. I’m due for an oil change in a couple thousand miles so will be able to confirm things are good while under it. The strap was totally toast, bearing and bracket seemed to be in good enough shape.

https://flic.kr/p/F2qFiv
https://flic.kr/p/GxMEbb
https://flic.kr/p/GxMEd5

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Update, changed oil today and so far it’s all still tight and secure. So seems replacing just that strap did the good deed.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Outer bearing doesnt move. Axle spins inside the race. So does the axle spin inside bearing or is the bearing seized. I just did my clutch and tried to use the retainer again. But it was loose around the bearing. Lol. Thats why its says use once in the manual.

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
Outer bearing doesnt move. Axle spins inside the race. So does the axle spin inside bearing or is the bearing seized. I just did my clutch and tried to use the retainer again. But it was loose around the bearing. Lol. Thats why its says use once in the manual. View attachment 374903
Huh? This thread has been resolved for quite a bit now. The OP is fine.

Are you having issues?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts