Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! Thinking about buying a stage 2 intercooler for my Focus st. Has RaceChip software in it. Did you think your experiences of switching IC on your Focus st mk3? worth the money? Is it better?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
It was literally the first thing I did on the car. The factory intercooler is not effective at cooling the air. An aftermarket intercooler provided a much more consistent driving experience.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you noticed a difference? The manufacturer of this intercooler says that you get 7 to 13 horsepower extra? Can this be correct? Ordered this intelcooler yesterday. So now I hope it's nice stuff. Are they easy to install?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Should take no more than 2 hours if you're being very careful. I did notice a huge difference. Not in extra power, but very consistent power. Usually after stomping on the gas once it feels like the car has lost a lot of power. The intercooler eliminates that loss.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
So you noticed a difference? The manufacturer of this intercooler says that you get 7 to 13 horsepower extra? Can this be correct? Ordered this intelcooler yesterday. So now I hope it's nice stuff. Are they easy to install?

With how strict our ECU is in the ST, you will see zero HP gains unless you have a tune. What an after market intercooler will do for you though, is on hotter days, give you much more consistent power without excessive heat soak. It is one of the first things most people replace on the focus ST. As per this "race chip software" i have never heard of that, nor do i generally trust any of these "chip" components. Not many replacements for COBB AP or SXT tuner.

·
Registered
378 Posts
+1 for wtf is "RaceChip". Sounds like an ebay special tune.

Intercooler looks pretty good though, it looks a little thinner than most judging by the picture, but the air guides should make up for that.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Don't get a "race chip" lol. It's not a Silverado 2500 or a Honda Civic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts