Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
By the way, the extra $500-600 spent on the Vortech unit is a fraction of the $8k a 95% STH build costs (intercooler, coilovers, rims, catted downpipe, LSD, & tune) and I'm well beyond that basic expense now in my build (lightweight battery, couple sets of rims, spare coilovers, race seat, Wilwood brakes, multiple swaybars, etc.).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
now that the mandatory OT is done, it's time to look more into getting this!

i saw some folks used the J Line universal on this car back in the day. thoughts on if this might fit?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If you are trying to play in the confines of SCCA classing, specifically STH, unless the intercooler dimensions are as below, which allow for the AGS retention (these are the Vortech's dimensions btw) then the one you listed will not be class legal as you will not be able to retain the AGS.
  • Overall Length: 36-1/2”
  • Overall Height: 7”
  • Core Length: 26"
  • Core Height: 7"
  • Core Depth: 3"

If your gonna play in any other class like DSP, SMF, or even Xtreme Street A, then get whatever intercooler you want.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
got this J-line off of amazon warehouse "used, good condition" for $140 shipped....it was still wrapped in the oem plastic but the box was ripped and it didnt have the mounting bolts.

if it works with the shutters, great!
if it doesnt work, screw it. file a grievance. im getting my feet wet with STH as it is, not going to win any national competitions any time soon. I rather have the car not explode on me from the Texas heat. ill update with my findings when i attempt to install.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts